GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I had posted in an earlier thread, our 06 had a anti-freeze smell. My mechanic tightened as he put it, "several hose clamps". He said there were two clamps under the tank, that weren't tight at all. He said there wasn't any signs of an actual leak. I know they have to work fast at the factory, but why can't they do the job right the first time? This is 3 out of 4 Wings we've had, that have had this problem. If you have an anti-freeze odor coming from yours, it may very well be loose hose clamps. On another note, I had them install Kuryakyn handlebar risers, while they had ours apart. They are designed to have five different positions. I chose to have them as far back, & as close together as possible. Sure makes a big difference. They seem to be very close to the MBL risers, in that position. IMHO, they're well worth the money.

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
Verdayne sorry about the leaks but after all these big problems whats your favorite color ? does Bumper leak ?

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cycledude said:
Verdayne sorry about the leaks but after all these big problems whats your favorite color ? does Bumper leak ?
As far as the favorite color, that would be the 05 blue. The worst color was the 04 magenta. The 03 silver, & the 06 titanium are great colors for hiding dust, & very classy colors. Does Bumper leak? Good question. :wink:

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
I washed my bike real good last week since the road construction near my house is mostly cleaned up.

I smelled anti freeze as I washed the bike. hmmmmmmmmm?

Bumper is a drip , not a leak . :lol:

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
I just took mine apart and found the clamp loose that ajoins the Y pipe to each Radiator. Now i don't smell the Antifreeze! YEAH, :beer3: My service[Dealer] {could'nt find it {no initiative} i guess. Maybe, they don't get paid enough for Warrenty Service. I'll shop around for other service center now.

·
15 year Member
6,907 Posts
coolant

Verdayne,

All those "Extras" you have purchaced for your wing are no doubt ably "weighed" you down so much as to put an abnormal amount of stress on said engine... you might want to take all "Unnecessary" items off Immediately !!!

Matt(Ashland,MA) :a13:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
No Comment... I promised God I would be a good man from now on

God Bless you Verdayne, your a class act..

Matt(Ashland,MA)
Matt you appear to be backsliding on that slippery slope of Religion.

·
15 year Member
6,907 Posts
towmoter said:
No Comment... I promised God I would be a good man from now on

God Bless you Verdayne, your a class act..

Matt(Ashland,MA)
Matt you appear to be backsliding on that slippery slope of Religion.
WOW,

Your good, I was hoping to "slip" this one through before I did my penance!!! but, as you can see it was a "Light-hearted" comment.....

Matt(Ashland,MA) :sun1:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts