GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
folks: Due to crazing on my 376C I removed the anti-glare material that was on the screen (amonia based windex takes it off with rubbing). I am now looking for anitglare film for the glass. the stuff made for Palm's is great but just too small for the Garmin. I needed to cut and past it and I have a visible seam. Does anyone know who makes a stick on anti glare film that would fit the unit? The stuff that was posted earlier is a plastic protector but is not anit-glare. thanks

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Boxwave for sure. I ordered a set for my Garmin 376. It has bee on for about 6 months. I just clean it off like my windshield, it is very durable plastic.

·
Registered
19,443 Posts
Thanks
Something I need and didn't know it

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Toyo said:
Boxwave for sure. I ordered a set for my Garmin 376. It has bee on for about 6 months. I just clean it off like my windshield, it is very durable plastic.
Which one did you buy, they don't list the 276 or 376? I went ahead and submitted a request and gave them screen dimensions od 3.25 X 2.5. Which one did you order and how much was it?

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
They have it. I dont know why its not on the web site. I emailed them about it and they sent it out to me. Works great. I dont remember the price.Sorry

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Toyo said:
According to this thread
http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/...days=0&postorder=asc&highlight=screen&start=0
you used one from
https://www.shieldzone.com/

scott0356 said:
Try https://www.shieldzone.com/. Althought they don't offer a shield for a 376C, you can place a custom order for any size. I cost about $16 and took about a week to receive it. Its very simple to install and they have an excellent replacement program. The shield didn't affect the clarity of the screen as far as I could tell and even concealed the few existing scratches.

Scott
Toyo said:
They have one for the 276. I believe its the same screen size. Do you only get 1 screen protector? Might be worth a try I guess.
Toyo said:
I ordered that shield for my 376. I will keep you posted on how it works out.
Toyo said:
I recieved the screen saver while I was out of town. I put it on this morning. The clarity so far is very good. Much better than the Palm products. I will kepp you posted. However it does come with a lifetime warranty if it ever scratches, or if you have to send your product in and get a new one!
Toyo said:
So far the screen saver, which is a piece of clear, is working perfect. I have had it on for about a month now. No scratches, and the clraity is perfect. I would recommened yall get these. They really work good.
PS said:
Toyo-Now that you have had the shieldzone for awhile, does it also act as an anti-glare device?
Toyo said:
I love that thing. You can hardly tell its on there.
So which one are you using and are so happy with? I would like to get one but would like to go with the proven product. Thanks.
Also, is this just a clear screen protector or is it also anti-glare like the boxwave ones?

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Toyo?

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Sorry. Geesh, I had to live my life there for a few hours. LOL

I have the one from Boxwave. I do like it, it is very durable. You only get one in the kit. However I have never needed to replace mine. I need to send my Garmin in for some tweaking and I am wondering if I am going to have to buy another one or can I remove this one. They have a lifetime warranty or something like that. I guess I could scratch it and then they would send me a new one for my new unit that GArmin will send me.
What did I leave out?

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Thanks, Toyo.

Here is the reply I got from Boxwave:
Dear BoxWave Customer,

Thank you for your product request!

We are currently developing our ClearTouch Anti-Glare for new models, so we appreciate your suggestion since we develop our products based on the number of requests we receive for a particular model.

We will let you know when the ClearTouch Anti-Glare does become available for your unit.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Best Regards,

Suzanne
Boxwave Corporation
http://www.boxwave.com
ShieldZone has one for the 276, just like you said in your previous post on this, but it is only a screen protector and doesn't claim any anti-glare properties. It also has the Lifetime guarantee you spoke of.

Guess I will hope that BoxWave develops one for the 276/376 screen and gets back with me or remembers that you have already helped them to design one.

Toyo said:
Fred, I had talked to Garmin about some kind of protective screen. He referred me to a company on the net. I looked them up and they didnt have a product for the 376. I emailed them about it. They replied very quickly and asked if I would help them in developing a screen cover with them. They asked me to shoot them some pics with a ruler laid next to my unit. They will send this over to the production team and start making it for our unit. They really press there products about having great clarity. I bought some screen stuff for a Palm unit. I just cut it to fit. Works good but the clarity is poor. I will keep you posted. Here is a link to the company.

http://www.boxwave.com/products/categor ... ectors.htm

Thanks again, Toyo.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
So I guess mine is a Shieldzone. I would say it does help a little in glare problems. Alot of it depends on the screen. My 376 screen seems to be much richer and clearer than the 2xxx models. I dont ever have a problem with the sun.

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
On my 276 I never have aproblem with thsun unless it is in my face. The screen makes a super mirror and I can see my face in it which makes it a bit harder to see the map.. I think the anti-glare screen protector would help that.

So, are you saying you never did send BoxWave the pictures they asked for?

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Weengers, I had to send my 376 in for repairs. I recieved it back last week. I was trying to remember the name of the place where I bought my screen saver from. I did a search and found this thread. I am sorry I never responded back to you. Here is the deal..... I tried Boxwave. They didnt have one. I did send them my dimensions but neve rheard back. I bought mine from Shieldzone. It worked perfectly until I had to remove it. After 6 to 8 months it never got any scratches on it. I will be calling them for another one.
Agian, Sorry I never responded and sorry that I got the companies mixed up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts