GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were the H*** ! ! !, is the drain plug you all speak of when changing out you antifreeze ? :? :? :? I’ve got a 06 with the comfort package, so I know some of that stuff has been moved around a little to accommodate the foot warmers. Any help would be appreciated; pics if ya got them. Thanks Scout

·
Registered
761 Posts
I haven't changed the fluid on my 05 yet but it is on my list of things to do in the spring. I looked in the service manual and it appears to be in the area of the oil filter. I have a belly pan so I could not go out and look but that is what the picture in service manual looks like. The overall picture of the cooling system shows it in the "hose" or line that runs between the right and left sides of the engine. It is some kind of "Tee" that is bolted to something and the drain plug is in this Tee. I don't know if this will help. Good luck. :)

Check out this post. Much info on location. http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/view ... drain+plug

·
Registered
747 Posts
i just changed mine on an 02 and its there. trying to remember. its enclosed or surround by a circular ring of metal, and its TINY and mine was painted green. look in the right area with a flashlight and look for a little green hex nut up in this circular steel surround. sorry if i confused you but that all i can remember. good luck

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahhh there you are

Thanks for the info bangladave, :D
I was looking for something mounted on the engine. Found it on the hoses mounted in a downward position. After that it was a snap. Thanks for the link, Send me a P.M. when you’re down this way to thaw out, I owe you a cold beer, Thanks Scout 8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
761 Posts
Re: Ahhh there you are

Scout said:
Thanks for the info bangladave, :D
I was looking for something mounted on the engine. Found it on the hoses mounted in a downward position. After that it was a snap. Thanks for the link, Send me a P.M. when you’re down this way to thaw out, I owe you a cold beer, Thanks Scout 8) 8) 8)
Glad you found it. This was a good exercise in preparation for when I look for it sometime in the next couple of months. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts