GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pull the wing off the center stand and out of the corner to put new tires on it for the riding season. Parked it on the side stand and antifreeze started to drip out of the front corner of the belly pan. It left a small spot, I moved it and left another one(about1 1/2" round). Put on center stand and some more came out in the middle of the 2 piece belly pan. Where are the hose clamps that may need tighten? Or what else could it be? It is a 03 GL1800A.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I had a similar leak but only after I got home from a ride. I found a 2-3" spot dripping from the back of the belly pan. I ended up pulling the gas tank up enough to get to the hoses and tightening the clamps and that fixed the leak.

This pic shows the gas tank proped up with a block of wood.

This one shows where the main hose is that leaked and I removed it to take in to shop to make sure it was still good or to get a replacement. It was good so I tightened the clamps and all other clamps I could find. Leak fixed.

Fred's maintenance page might help too.
http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was told to check the one down by the shifter too.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Run a search and you will find a lot of posts about tightening the hoses on your wing. There are a lot of potential leak spots. Some of them can be a real PIA to hunt down.

Hector

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hose clamps

Ok, how many hose clamps are there to check and tighten?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts