GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have my new '07 Wing, I am overwhelmed at how many "goodies" are available, and that's just from Honda! The chromed items look nice but are they worth the cost? Does the chromed plastic items scratch easily?

And what about aftermarket. Do they fit well? Do they hold up , or look bad after a few years? Anyone with accessories they think their money was wasted on?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Look for another Wing (the same color as yours) with the additions you think you might want to make. Sometimes an accessory looks great in a picture but not so hot on the bike.

Good luck!

S

·
0 Posts
Steve do search on this topic there is a TON of postings . In a nut shell, OEM Honda though more expensive seems to fit better and have better chrome.

Have fun ! 8)

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Kury luggage rack, too heavy! It was purchased by original owner, a Tube rack is lighter weight. The Best accessorary would be a Spoiler and Fog lights.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Baker Air Wings are on top of my best purchases for the wing. I rode the 1st year I owned the bike and the heat was unbearable... much improved with the directional air flow capabilities of the Baker Wings.

Worst case of wasted money was the rear speakers; you can't really hear them from the front seat and the wife says the sound isn't all that terrific from her seat either.

I do believe the aftermarket items are preferred over the Honda-line items because of variety of different items available and the over-pricing of Hondaline.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I would look around before I did any adding to your wing. Seeing things up front and in person makes a world of differance. Things/add ons that I thought would be cool turned out the opposite. Other than the tulsa belly pan I would just hold off until you go to a rally or an event where there are other wings and you can visibly see what you might like.
As far as the CD ? I don't really know of a whole lot of people that have them. Most people have an MP3 player/I-Pod or XM radio. Some guys are going with the new garmins that are an MP3 player as well. With Bluetooth starting to get hot the sky's the limit.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Road Hog said:
Bulldog said:
I would never spend the $$$ for the hondaline CD player.

Bulldog

Do you have suggestions for a CD player??
MP3 player seems a better choice.

Honda CD player has a track record (LOL) of failure / jam ups.

:drive1:

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Hondaline OEM accessories may be over priced by some but the Chrome rotor covers are the BEST CHROME parts and anything else is just JUNK!

I have had the Kuryakin crap and it is just that! 2 years old on a set of plastic rotor covers and I had to throw them away. Wasted money!

If I had been smart the first time, I would have paid, what I spent on the Kuryakin's and add the difference to a real set of chrome rotor covers.

I have purchased a lot of items on Ebay and have NEVER had a problem, Honda OEM or anything else.

Think about it, what would you rather have?????

JMHO

·
Registered
463 Posts
things to avoid

The only accesories I have installed on by bike that have delivered very disappointing results with is ANY Show Chrome lighted parts. Seems the LED circuit boards just can't take the punishment. every Show Chrome LED lighted accesory I have bought has failed to perform for more thatn 6 months. This is just my experience, I am sure that there are others that have had no problems. Frank

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
After having tried almost everything there is to add on four different Wings, I can give you a few.

Halo by Add-On
Saddlebag & Trunk trims by ShowChrome/Big Bike Parts
SuperBrace by SuperBrace
E - III tires by Dunflop
Driving lights by ShowChrome
Front Fairing Scoop LED trim by Add-On
Rear speaker kit by ShowChrome/BBP
AlleyKat Mufflers

I highly reccomend,

A "Tulsa" Belly Pan
Any wind wings, with the name "Baker" on it
Most anything with Kuryakyn on it
Anything made or distributed by Electical Connection (E.C.)
WingSoft seats
Metzler tires & Dunlop OEM tires
AllBalls Bearings
Utopia or KromeWerks Backrests
Honda rear spoiler

P.S. And to save yourself money, be sure to visit our boards sponsor. Honda Direct Line, is hard to beat.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Road Hog said:
Bulldog said:
I would never spend the $$$ for the hondaline CD player.

Bulldog

Do you have suggestions for a CD player??
Add an nice MP3 player. Connects right to the Aux input and you can pick the tunes.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
If you can get Wingnut and Starman to post pics of their old wings you will be able to see ever piece of chrome available in the universe and then some.

spoiler is my number one pic.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
If you do any riding in hot weather do not install the Kury Shark Gills on the radiator fins. They direct the heat right down onto your shins. I get alot of compliments regarding the looks, but thats not worth it at all.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Dive Master said:
If you can get Wingnut and Starman to post pics of their old wings you will be able to see ever piece of chrome available in the universe and then some.

spoiler is my number one pic.
Well, here's mine. :wink:

03 Silver Metallic

04 Magenta Metallic

05 Bright Blue Metallic

06 Titanium Metallic

·
Registered
7 Posts
Add-Ons

I wouldn't get the CD player. I bought a Lowrence iWay 500 GPS. It comes with a 20GB hard drive. 10 gigs is taken up by map - the other 10 is free. I loaded all of my songs on the other 10 and play it through the auxiliary jack.

Happy Motoring!

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
One thing I would not buy again is tunnel fillers... after just a few months the foam got hard and they would not stay in place... I had to keep pushing them back in.... I lost one a couple of weeks ago.. won't throw away any more money on them..
One thing I will never install on my bike is one of them butt ugly Butler mugs... If i need to drink something (mostly water).. i will stop and do so..
surely don't to sip on something driving down the road... thats as bad as talking on a cell phone while riding... :roll:

cosmic

1 - 20 of 40 Posts