GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in the ECM refresh but hope to see some formal pre flash and post flash on the same bike (DCT).

Dyno and quarter mile runs and top speed if possible.

Anyone see such data?

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Of all the numbers I have ever seen, the wing wasn’t at the speed limit in any of the 1/4 mile runs. I can’t imagine defeating the speed limiter in the ECU would have any effect.

YMMV.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
The ECU re-flash is not giving us more HP . . . it's removing the 112 mph speed governor!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought the current ECU program does not give full power in the lower gears?

So while the max HP Torque peaks may not increase the power available at lower speeds and RPMs should?

Maybe wrong as I am tired ....

·
Registered
406 Posts
Of all the numbers I have ever seen, the wing wasn’t at the speed limit in any of the 1/4 mile runs. I can’t imagine defeating the speed limiter in the ECU would have any effect.

YMMV.

From what I've read the speed limiter starts backing the power down quite a bit before it reaches top speed. 112? This allows the bike to have a soft landing at the 112 limit rather than shutting down abruptly when it gets there.

I believe this slowing starts happening before the 1/4 mile. Therefore it may slow the 1/4 mile time by a bit.

That's my understanding from what I've read, I haven't tried it. FWIW

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Has anyone actually posted the DCT quarter mile times anywhere? Would be interesting to at least see that compared to the manual. I haven't seen any tests that involved 1/4 mile runs.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Has anyone actually posted the DCT quarter mile times anywhere? Would be interesting to at least see that compared to the manual. I haven't seen any tests that involved 1/4 mile runs.
Ill look for it but i thought i had seen one. i believe it was .2-.3 sec slower

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I thought the current ECU program does not give full power in the lower gears?

So while the max HP Torque peaks may not increase the power available at lower speeds and RPMs should?

Maybe wrong as I am tired ....
You are correct, when Don was flashing my ECM we were talking about not getting 100 percent throttle when you open it wide, he said that has been addressed, maybe Fred can shine more light on that subject.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I am interested in the ECM refresh but hope to see some formal pre flash and post flash on the same bike (DCT).

Dyno and quarter mile runs and top speed if possible.

Anyone see such data?
From what I understand a dyno pull with the DCT is a no for most dyno's because the front wheel is not moving, Don said Honda has a program to enable them to do that, he doesn't know of a way around that right now. This is the only dyno pull I have seen with a six speed. post 5 & 6

https://gl1800riders.com/forums/193-2018-goldwing-board/448869-dyno-testing-ecm-volunteer.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts