GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Sounds like another snake oil to me.:shrug: And no I have not tried it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Haven't tried it myself didn't see if they said it was sprayed in with the tire being spun for a more even coat. Might be good but it's a lot more up sprung weight I imagine?

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Holy cow!!! :eek:4:

That hurts just watching the video.

If that stuff has no weird side-effects, it would be very desirable for (especially) motorcycle tires.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Horse Hocky, there are so many things wrong with that idea I won't waste the time to post. Just think about it for a few.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Rhino Tires

Hmm, guess you could not run Dyna Beads in those tires

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
I put Ride-On in a set of Bridgestones and it looked almost like that when we dismounted the tires. Unlike SLIME which remains slime and runs all over the place when you dismount a tire, Ride On is thick and forms a gel around the most ridden on part of the tire. It does not do the sidewalls, just the upright tread area and a little beyond. In the rear tire it was about 4-5 inches wide and stuck like glue to the inside of the tire and completely even all around the inner tire.

Wish I had a camera there at the time, but not. Improved the ride just a bit, but the puncture protection looked as advertised. Which reminds me - I need to do this new set soon!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Never heard of it used in tires but it probably works good.

The military is now using Rhino Lining in vehicles for IED blast protection. As well, industry sees value in it for coating buildings for protection from bomb blasts and VBIED blasts.

I saw a demo on a TV show and was very impressed with the results.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I wonder how much weight it adds?

JC

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Never heard of it used in tires but it probably works good.

The military is now using Rhino Lining in vehicles for IED blast protection. As well, industry sees value in it for coating buildings for protection from bomb blasts and VBIED blasts.

I saw a demo on a TV show and was very impressed with the results.
I can't help but think it has to have some affect on the flex of the sidewall, thus affecting handling and/or tire temp in a way not considered by the manufacturer. It might make the tire run cooler because it's stiffer, it might make it run a higher temp, who knows?

There are some things where experimentation is fine but when it comes to something my butt safety depends on I think long and hard before messing around.

I glanced at the site and didn't see any discussion of testing done on various tires with it applied. I did, however, see lots of claims obviously made by a marketing department.

I worked for some years maintaining the website for GatorHyde bedlining (www.gatorhyde.com) and witnessed first hand what goes into testing a product and the trials and errors that go along with making a reliable product.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Pretty expensive insurance!!! You have to consider how many times this would save you money in having to buy a new tire that got punctured versus being worn out. I think you would find that it has a low pay out benefit in the long run.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts