GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anyone has found a cellphone that rings over the headset connector. I am with Verizon, and I currently have the Motorola V60 that I am looking to upgrade. I have the cellphone wired through the Kennedy Cellset, and right now the only way I know that I have a call is when someone starts talking. I am aware of the risks of taking calls while riding, however, let's not start a debate on the pros and cons of talking and riding :roll:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,

I got the Kennedy cellset connected to a Nokia 6310 (Europe model) and when start ringing I ear the ring-tone in the intercom audio, after that since I have the automatic answer after two rings the phonecall starts, maybe on your phone is only question of setting of the automatic answer ringing tone.
I can ear all the beep too, I mean the sound the you ear when you select a function or pressing a button.

Flashing lights

Nicola

·
Registered
317 Posts
My Nokia will ring until I hit a button, ring twice and auto answer or auto answer with no ring. I can hear it ring with no problem. The tunes mute when it rings. Two rings gives me enough time to turn the tunes off and wait for the caller to say hello.

G

·
I had a Motorola and a Nokia on my old Kennedy CellSet and both of them rang through the headsets. The Motorola had an auto-answer feature that kept it from ringing. Maybe that's your problem? Just wondering out loud.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
the question I have is who would want a cell phone connected to the bike. I can see having one if you have trouble, but connected so you don't miss a call. I thought that was the reason for riding, was to leave all that behind.

Dan L

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
I gotta go with Dan on this one.. ;)

My cell phone vibrates.. so i know I have a call to return when i stop somewhere.

I have used a cell phone since 1991. I am now of the opinion that hand held cell phones should be banned from use while driving.

My own neighbor wandered over to my side of the road as I rode towards my house this week. She was on a cell phone just after she had left her house.

Danl said:
the question I have is who would want a cell phone connected to the bike. I can see having one if you have trouble, but connected so you don't miss a call. I thought that was the reason for riding, was to leave all that behind.

Dan L

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm on Nextel and have the Motorla i95cl phone hooked to the Kennedy Cell set and it rings throught the set and then I push the button on top of the phone to answer it. No need to open the phone to answer or hang up. On interesting thing is that just before it rings I can here the interferance in the headset when a call is coming in and answer it before it even rings. Same thing happens when I have the phone by my computer at work. I hear the computer speakers makes sounds before the phone rings.

Greg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts