GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been a mustang seat rider on every bike I’ve owned so far, unfortunately they don’t make one for my 2018 Goldwing. I’ve been looking all over, and I found this one, with a rider backrest from Saddlemen, and I was wondering if anyone else has had any experience with it. Looks comfy enough, and has a backrest. $801 from their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Go to a Walmart, or any place that sells seat cushions, and purchase one that fits your seat, for under $10.00 and give that a try before spending $800.00 on a seat... I did that a couple of years ago, and it's been the absolutely, "best" money I spent on my bike (except for triking her out)............I can now ride for hours, and (s)miles....w/o any pain, or discomfort, and it's small enough to put in rear trunk for safe keeping......

Just my $.02 worth

Ronnie

·
Love The DCT
12,023 Posts
No experience with Saddlemen seats. That is a pretty nice looking seat and rider backrest.

:doorag:

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I’ve been a mustang seat rider on every bike I’ve owned so far, unfortunately they don’t make one for my 2018 Goldwing. I’ve been looking all over, and I found this one, with a rider backrest from Saddlemen, and I was wondering if anyone else has had any experience with it. Looks comfy enough, and has a backrest. $801 from their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've read mixed reviews over the years relating to workmanship but that doesn't mean they aren't any good. Did you look at Hartco or Diamond? I was all set to buy one of those but I wasn't going to buy a seat without the factory heating system.

Reactions: Roadie

·
Registered
8,749 Posts
I've read mixed reviews over the years relating to workmanship but that doesn't mean they aren't any good. Did you look at Hartco or Diamond? I was all set to buy one of those but I wasn't going to buy a seat without the factory heating system.
I agree, if they don't have the factory heated feature, Im not buying.:smile2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts