GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been out of touch for awhile. Can anyone get me caught up on the new changes in the cooling system for 05' Wings. (if any)? I am being told they will be changing the fairing a bit. Is this true?[/b]

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
You might know something about the 05's in another 8 or 10 months! Anything you hear this early will be nothing but a guess. Honda can keep a secret real well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is true!
I will be waiting patiently! Very fired up to start from scratch. I realize there will be more ajustments, but keeping one eye on the temp. gauge bums me out! :!:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Cooling

It is my understanding from my dealer that the cooling was expanded in 04.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Expanded the radiators? Why not just get some air moving through the radiators (no matter how small) @ low speeds? Wouldn't that be the ticket? I'm lucky I'm in Reno! I ride mostly @ 7000+ ft. But occasionally I'll get stuck on one of these skinny, steep, winding Sierra hyways for a bit @ 20-25 mph. Not all care to pull over. Sometimes the Sunday is all about "THEM". I just want to hear they are @ least turning the fans around. What a shame to go to all the expense of a "2 radiator" design, & not find a way to keep it cool! (& keep us cool)!! I'm not cool! I'm tired of the "tap dance"! I take my 98' 1500 on trips where I think I may be puking on side of the road. It's just not worth the stress. I get on the scooters to lose the stress.
I only wish I was as lucky as some of you who don't have a problem!!! :!: :!:

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
kylezuk said:
I take my 98' 1500 on trips where I think I may be puking on side of the road. It's just not worth the stress. I get on the scooters to lose the stress.
Is your 1800 causing you problems, kylezuk? I have had a few problems with mine, but that doesn't keep me from riding! We must be different in what we want from a motorcycle. I will take a chance on pushing my 1800 before I will ride another 1500!

I am now waiting on the introduction of the 2005 2301cc 177hp Goldwing! More Power!! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Red,
I've held on to my 98' because I like having an extra bike around for clients & friends who come into town that want to take a scoot. I don't want to overheat the 02' for the simple reason that I don't want it to be sitting in the shop for 1/2 the summer with other problems related to the overheating. As some owners said, the bike is not overheating just because the temp gauge goes up. The bike is blowing antifreeze all over the frickin' pavement when I get stuck in traffic.
Maybe I'm over-reacting, & I shouldn't expect my bike to run cool! I don't expect Honda to make a flawless M/C, but I do expect them to take care of the one that came off the line puking!
Maybe you could send me a link where I can read about the 05'...
Thanks,
KyleZuk

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
Don't you have a Honda dealer around? If it's getting that hot, that quick, it shouldn't take a brain surgeon to figure out your problem. You've had all winter plus last fall to have a dealer perform the "fix" on it. Don't you want it repaired?

I'd be on Honda and my local dealer like "Ugly On A Ape" to fix the problem, if I owned a problem bike. Do you want the phone number to Honda Customer Service? Have you made contact with the local rep? Why would you sit back and wait? I'm not understanding something!

What do you want to know about the new 2005 2301cc Wing? It's all B/S from me, but I can tell you anything you want to hear! LOL...

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
All that we really know at this point are some references that Honda included in the NHTSA documentation regarding the overheating of the current models. It referred to '05.... but who knows what they'll really do.

I personally don't think they'll change much for '05.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts