GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, we're all brothers on wheels... :D

Seriously, I'm new here having bought my first Wing three weeks ago. My brother in NH (Wicked), bought his last weekend.

He used to live in FL so we have ridden together plenty in the past; just never on exactly the same motorcycle...

So my question is: are there any other "Wing Brothers" out there and are you fortunate enough to live in the same area?

Stay safe,

Lance

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Close.... my brother has a BMW 1200GS but his wife just got an 06 GL1800. He lives in Washington, I live in CA. We get together for rides as often as the Washington weather permits. He now has two wingmen on Wings.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I thought you meant African American Goldwing owners; I had noticed that their demographic is seriously under-represented in the Goldwing community.

My brother is a boat guy and has a Sea Ray.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
My Brother and I got our identical Wings (02 IB) at the same shop in August '02. It was really fun. We'd waited for a couple of months, and when we went in they were sitting side by side, by far the most striking sight in the shop.

We checked them out, then went for a long ride while the ladies took care of the payment and paperwork.

His burned up in a garage fire last year, so he now has an 05 blue.
He lives in Anoka, Minnesota, and I live in Milton, WI, so we only get together a couple of times a year. We always go to the races at Road America in June.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Lil Bro

I got a brother in FL that bought a Wing a few weeks ago, oh, its you.

Just got back from an after work jaunt on the Wing. Man O Man does this thing corner. It feels like you have to pull the bike out of the turn. The Wing wants to dig into the turn. Wow!!! I like the way the Navi changes the view at dusk too.

Wicked

·
Registered
768 Posts
My brother and I both have 03 GLs. Mine is blue his is red. Thankfully we live "relatively" close to one another and his is my best riding pal.

mike
03ILB

·
Registered
212 Posts
My brother has an '01 Illusion Red, and lives about 5 miles from me. I just got an '03 Black, after being without for a few months (without a wing, that is).
Of course, since both of us have kids and at least one job each, actually getting to ride together isn't easy...

·
Registered
73 Posts
wings

I've got an 'o3 Yellow wing, (which is the fastest color), and my brother has a '05 CBCherry wing. We live about 10 miles from each other. We ride together at least once a month.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have an '06 Wing and my brother has a ..................Ford Taurus. Crap!!! Nobody in my family understands why I love long distance rides on the bike.

Hal

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Bro!

My brother and I are twins. Last year we walked in the Honda dealer and bought two 2005 Goldwings. The Honda dealer referred to the sale as the "Honda Goldwing Doubleshot". Everytime we go into the dealership they always remember us! Anyway, I go the dark cherry and my brother Dan got the bright yellow.

Dave

·
Registered
57 Posts
My brother has a 06 black cherry venture and I now have the 06 wing, we live about 500yrds apart and ride together almost every weekend.

do a little bass fishing, play a little golf........

but riding is mine and his top hobby...

·
Registered
20,954 Posts
i have one brother with an illusion red 02 and another brother with a titanium 06, we get to ride together sometimes, next year the titanium will b making a trip to Alaska with me and a few friends

also have another brother with one of those 100 year aniversary Harleys, he gets a kick out of how crude it is and the clothes they wear

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Wish I had a brother. My sister is thinking of buying my sons VStar 650 though.

·
Registered
332 Posts
CJ said:
My brother rides a Harley. I still like him though.
My brother does too and yes, I still like him but it's funny, he's never offered to let me ride his sportster. I think it had something to do with right after he put this huge Harley Wing decal on his Pickups back window and I said "What are you trying to do, make your Ford leak oil too?"

He failed to see the humor in that..... I think it really ticked him off when soon after, the engine blew up and he traded it off. I busted his chops about not putting another Harley sticker on his new truck. There were a few discouraging words, but it's funny, that truck is still around 5 years later.......

NRA

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
CJ said:
My brother rides a Harley. I still like him though.
My brother has an ElectraGlide with more than twice invested in it than my last two wings cost to purchase, maintain and bling, I moved 5500 miles away because I could not stand the noise. :twisted:

My Brother-in Law restores Harleys as a living, has at least half a dozen at a time in his garage. Last time I visited him for a party I had to borrow a Harley from my brother to keep my own ride safe.

You'd never think that owning a wing would make one the black sheep in the family ...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts