GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking a ride to Ashville for lunch tommorow with Trialsman. Does anybody have a good place to fill the tummies?

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Toyo,

Makes sure wherever you eat they do not serve anything that might upset your stomach and be sure and strap your cellphone to your pants. :wink: :wink:

Above all, have a safe and fun trip... and send us some pictures :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Toyo, if you were heading over on Saturday I could ride up form Charleston to meet yall, have family obligations on Friday though. Have fun!!

Steve

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Sorry I can't go with you cats.......looks like a great day for it. If you're up for BBQ there is a place onthe same road that the Biltmore EState turns off of. Don't recall the name, but go up the hill toward town and it's onthe right.......bout 2 miles up or so. GOOD!! That may be Patton St. or sumum......maybe?? Actually after looking at the map....it looks like HWY 25(McDowell st). Ask around.....it's not far form I-40 too.

do ride the BRP out of there on the way back. It's off hwy 25 south of town. SWEET!!

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Down town has a few nice places to eat inside or sit out by the sidewalk. There is a lot to see with easy walking down town.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Toyo,

Whenever my wife and I are near Ashville, we head for one of the two or three J&S Cafeterias!

One is located across from the Ashville airport, and the other is on the east side in a shopping center off I-40 near the entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway!

If someone can get him better directions, go right ahead! OH, don't be discouraged if there is a long line, they keep the line moving!

They have some of the best cafeteria food, anywhere! One more tip, lunch from 11 a.m. then they close from about 2 to 4 p.m., and then reopen for supper!

Jonar G., the original WHITEFANG

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I like that caffeteria that we took Paul to at the intersection of 74A and I-40.
I know that it's an old-fogey place, but the food is good and it's quick. Just a mile or 2 off the BRP too...
I never liked caffeterias until my Dad and Uncle brought me there.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like cafeterieas also, but the idea of sitting outside at a downtown/sidewalk cafe sounds kinda nice. Might as well enjoy this nice weather if we can. Going to be a great weather day.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Toyo said:
I like cafeterieas also, but the idea of sitting outside at a downtown/sidewalk cafe sounds kinda nice. Might as well enjoy this nice weather if we can. Going to be a great weather day.
Downtown Ashville is an arts community. Lots of sidewalk-type eateries. We are supporting a church plant there that is presently meeting in a "performance venue" (we tell folks in Tennessee that, instead of nightclub) called the "Orange Peal". I visited there a couple months ago, and when we came out from church, downtown Ashville had woke up and was full! Sidewalk cafes everywhere, and lots of bikes. This was on US 25 (Biltmore Ave. I believe) just south of I240.

·
Registered
428 Posts
The Grove Park Inn is "ostentatious" with a price to compare. If you want even more "snooty", go to the Inn on Biltmore Estate. However, for both places, be sure to have a mortgage application.

Three Brothers is a good family (inexpensive) restaurant (right off Interstate 240 near downtown).

You can usually tell if prices are inflated if the restaurant has linen table cloths.

Of course, if you want *great* food, come to Baton Rouge.

H

·
0 Posts
The Pisgah Inn is about 10 miles south of Ashville on the Blue Ridge Parkway (if it is still open this late in the year). Great food and view.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I was up on the parkway last week, and the MT Pisgah resturant/inn is closed.

On rt 25 in south Asheville is a great Italian place called Innuicci's (the spelling is close, but not exact) Great pizza and entrees.

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
The Restaurant in the converted stables at Biltmore come to mind but the price of admission is a little steep! Unless you're a member of the National Rose Society.

Bradford

1 - 20 of 25 Posts