GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my new to me wing has a brand new CT on it. I am interested in swapping it back to a MC tire. we could get together and swap wheel and tire if your tire is newish and want to go darkside for free ,let me know.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
That sounds like a heck of a deal. You might want to tell folks exactly what tire it is. Too bad your not sticking around the DS for awhile. Good luck.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re

It has cought me off guard a couple off times and felt it was unsafe . Being new to the wing ,it drove me. I hate forcing the bike to lean and can easily over shoot a turn. Maybe I just need to slow down

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
It's not for everyone, sorry to hear it did not work out for ya. Keep that open mind and maybe when you get some more seat time on new to you wing you'll give it ashot again:thumbup:

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
It has cought me off guard a couple off times and felt it was unsafe . Being new to the wing ,it drove me. I hate forcing the bike to lean and can easily over shoot a turn. Maybe I just need to slow down

No, you just need to ride it a while and learn to appreciate the tire's better ride and safety qualities. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
my new to me wing has a brand new CT on it. I am interested in swapping it back to a MC tire. we could get together and swap wheel and tire if your tire is newish and want to go darkside for free ,let me know.
The handling characteristics are quite different from the MT and does take some time to adjust. Some just can't wrap their head around the difference though. No harm in that.

If you ride 2-up a lot or otherwise heavily loaded, I'd keep the CT around as you may find that you'll want to try it again if you start having issues with the MTs failing on you....like so many on the GL1800 experience.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
As others have said, it ain't for everyone. Ride safe no matter what tire you run!:thumbup:

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
MANSFIELD ?!?!?

and you name is Steve?

Are you my brother? The house looks different!

My brother lives in Mansfield.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
What ct does it have on it? I have a spare rim with a Avon cobra with less than 700 miles on it. I might trade.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
My bike came with a CT too when I bought it. I was not sure about it but rode it until the tire was down to the wear marks, about 3K miles. Put a new MC tire on it and removed it after @1000 miles and put a CT back on. Like some of the above have said, "it's not for everyone" but I decided I liked the ride better with the CT. Hope you enjoy your new Wing. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I can't believe that Laen hasn't asked if he can get it off of you. He's dying to try one, I hear.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts