GL1800Riders Forums banner

Any interrest for Clear or Smoke colored REAR TURNING LENSES?

• Ooooooo yeeeaa!!! Send it to me as quick as possible.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think it would be smashing, but I will see the pictures first.

• Maybe in the future.

• No, won´t fit with my bikes color.

• Not interested.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering small production of clear or smoke colored lenses for the rear turning lights (just the amber part) to match the clear front lense witch will be ready pretty zoon.
I would like to know if you guys are interrested?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

left pic: You might get an idea of how it´s gonna turn out. Just a tone of smoke would make it allmost dicapear and create a new look from behind.
Right pic: The victim.

Added pics.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Loren

The bulb inside is gonna be amber so this is the look only when it´s turned off.

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
What will the cost be?? I have a feeling that the shipping alone will be more than what alot of people would want to pay.

Looks nice.....it's something different.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hedoman

I´m gonna try to find someone in the US who can sell to you guys.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Clear Lens

Like the looks, would be interested in getting a hold of them !!! Please send a picture of both the clear n smoke colored lens on the bike.
Thxs, Mike

·
Registered
51 Posts
They are legal in conus if the bulb is amber. Same for the rear. Check out the late model Trucks and Cars.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Looks good

I would also like more info when ready. Maybe one of us could purchase a quanty of them and resale them.

Brian

·
Registered
287 Posts
Ironbutt,

I dont know about the States, because you appear to have different laws for different States. :cry: The law in most parts of the world is that indicator lights must flash AMBER front and rear. The colour of the lense is irrelevant. That is why everyone is so delighted with this new clear lense.
:wink: :roll: :p :lol: :) :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Big Al

I will personally go for a light smoke color. It´s just an color added in the plastic before the procces starts. You can get it as dark as you like. But for the moment there are problem with the plastic reacting to the color add and gets a yellow tone. The more add the more yellow it gets.
In small doses smoke/yellow, I think its gonna be just about right color for my silver color. This is a temporary problem. The guy who makes the lenses has ordered a new plastic mix whithout these problems.
When I desided to dissamble the rear lense (man it was thuff decission) I thout the red and the amber was a unit. I was happy that it turned out to bee two separate lenses put thight together.
Dissambling: The only way to part the lense from the housing is heat. (When mama´s shopping you got the kitchen for your self). You have to boil the hole unit for 5-10 minutes.(I know it sounds cracy,and I think I was) The black ABS plastic becomes soft and and the bond becomes like a shewinggum a hot summer day. Reassambling is will be done in reverse order.
No harm to any part of the unit what I can see.
Janne

·
Registered
58 Posts
Clear Lenses

I thing the clear lenses would look good on my 04 Glacier White. I would like to see a picture of them on a bike>

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'd like to see pictures of them on the bike first and also how much they would cost. I also have an 02 silver and I think the slight smoke color would look great. Dave

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DaveS
Cost is not known to this point. The lense maker haven´t seen the the object and he kan´t give exact prices before the form is made. He waisted the four first front lenses to get the one in the picture. One lense is about one hour of work so it´s more a question of labour than plastic consumtion here. My guess will be about 150$/pair, but it´s only a guess. I´ll get back when I know more.

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
I would like to see all lenses clear. I think that would look cool.
Mick :D :D :yw1:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Clear lenses...

While I like the looks of the clear lenses, I have been really disappointed in some I have seen on autos (rear); those bulbs are nearly invidible when on (daytime).

Those pics look like the new lenses have good reflectors, but before I installed those on my bike I would want to see some in operation, both day and night. I certainly do not want any decreased light visibility on the front or rear. The auto and motorcycle manufacturers spend a lot of time and money developing lenses for max visibility and even at that some jerk will still try to run over you because he didn't see the light.

Well, that's my two cents worth. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts