GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running a Vanco 2 right now, but no one seems to carry them anymore. Any leads out there?

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess this is going to be a lot tougher than I thought.:frown:

·
Registered
109 Posts
They are hard to find but try
http://onlinetires.com/

They show two of them; the Vanco 4 season tire and a Yokohama which I don't think anyone has tried. I am also running the Vanco 2 on a valkyrie interstate and am liking it. Haven't tried it on the wing because of the rubbing problem.

R

·
0 Posts
Check with Sears. I don't know if it's a run flat but they have Michelin 195 65 15 and other sizes on sale.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are hard to find but try
http://onlinetires.com/

They show two of them; the Vanco 4 season tire and a Yokohama which I don't think anyone has tried. I am also running the Vanco 2 on a valkyrie interstate and am liking it. Haven't tried it on the wing because of the rubbing problem.
This looks like the best lead. I just ordered on for my wing from them. I ordered the Vanco 4 as I didn't like the tread design for the Yokohama, but that is just me. BTW, the rubbing problem on the Wing really isn't that much of a problem. JMTCW. I've got 16,000 on mine and it was really not that big of an issue. I plan to run about 38 psi in the new one that is coming and I don't think it will rub too much at that pressure. I did grind about .060" off of the swingarm in the rub area.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I tried to order one from OnlineTires.com, but while they show them available, they aren't. I'll try the dealer mentioned in WI or wherever it was at.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
According to the tire calculator the 195/65 is an ideal 25.2 diameter...But then the width is what is rubbing on a lot of people, right?

It could not be the top because 70 OE are taller than that.

Are there any 195/65 on Runflat?

Lefti,
I can't believe you actually grind your swingarm! Mercy! Could you not grind the tire instead.
Man! a tire has got to do something for me comparable to girl love in order for me to grind a piece of my bike for it.
Can you send pics on how you did this Lefti? I would like to see. Maybe it ain't as bad as I picture it.
Does it rub only on one side?

S

·
0 Posts
If you look at the swing arm the clearance is tight on the right front corner and the CT is mostly square across the tread so the very corner of the tire will rub just a tad. Nothing to be concerned about - I run a 205x60 which rubbed a bit at first but at 16k now the tire is like new and only rubbed for the first 1000 miles or so. I'm going on year three with this tire.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, for me the 195/65/16 has become unavailable for purchase. All of the dealers say it is discontinued. Therefore, I ordered a Dunlop Sport 5000 195/60X16 from the TireRack today. It is a little smaller in diameter, but looks to be similar to the 180/70/16 MT. Some of the other guys on here like it, and most of their reviews tend to reflect how I feel about my current Vanco 2. I hope I agree once I get it mounted. I will post when that happens.

S

·
0 Posts
I think you made the right choice as the 195x60 should fit fine and is slightly larger than the stock MC tire.
I would guess your speedo should be only off at most 2 mph at 65 which is about as good as any other vehicle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts