GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Goldwings are for riding not trailering...
Well are you going??? I need someone to "help me bust my sturgis cherry!" :tongue:
If I go it will be a last minute decision. Did only 100 today along the coast. Pretty nice, 82 degrees. Heading out later on for another 100 or so.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
If I go it will be a last minute decision. Did only 100 today along the coast. Pretty nice, 82 degrees. Heading out later on for another 100 or so.
We are getting closer... I just got my cheapie tent!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Anybody change their minds? I am planning on leaving 7-31 and heading west... My goal is to be at the Chip Sunday to see Collective Soul in concert.
:thumbup:

At this point I am flying solo...and am pretty sure thats the way it will turn out. I plan to meet up withTriker Tom while I am out there and hopefully some other wingers as well. I have tools/tire repair kit and a cell phone. Whom I would call in the middle of nowhere is another question! :shock:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Anybody change their minds? I am planning on leaving 7-31 and heading west... My goal is to be at the Chip Sunday to see Collective Soul in concert.
:thumbup:

At this point I am flying solo...and am pretty sure thats the way it will turn out. I plan to meet up withTriker Tom while I am out there and hopefully some other wingers as well. I have tools/tire repair kit and a cell phone. Whom I would call in the middle of nowhere is another question! :shock:
Take a copy of the GL1800riders member list. Most of the members would jump at the chance to help if you need it.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Take a copy of the GL1800riders member list. Most of the members would jump at the chance to help if you need it.
Great idea...will do!

·
Registered
342 Posts
As far as reservations go...I assume those jumbo camping grounds that are out there (from what I have read) have "spots" for small tents for ride ins without a reservation. If that is not the case then I guess I won't be camping?!?!
This is what I was planning to do once I got there (they do have mega bathroom/shower facilities from what I have seen...please someone correct me if I am wrong...
View attachment 55867
I will be at the Iron Horse campground all week. I have a reservation but I doubt that you would need one. If you see a yeller trike from Arkansas sittin by a tent, stop by for a visit.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I plan on talking to every winger I see there! I am looking forward to the trip. Still looking for a riding companion but I figure I should eventually run into others heading that way...

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
When went we camped in a yard about 2 blocks from downtown. Lots of the locals rent out space in their yards.
Do they rent their bathroom/showers as well???

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I will be riding my orange goldwing trike with tiger pic on back, hauling my black and white trailer make sure you wave on pull up and let me know you are their. Will be leaving 29th heading west

trikertom
850-814-0616 Cell
Tom,
i think you'll be hard to miss! I'll keep an eye out for ya!

·
Registered
492 Posts
if you rent someone's yard what about showers and bathrooms??

trikertom
They actually had showers setup and one of those Portable johns. The house where we stayed was actually rented out to a group that brings in the girls to work the bars. We got up early each day to watch them go out to the showers wearing almost nothing.

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
we are doing a meet and greet monday night at 7 across street from full throttle at the gas station. hope to see you guys there:)

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
They actually had showers setup and one of those Portable johns. The house where we stayed was actually rented out to a group that brings in the girls to work the bars. We got up early each day to watch them go out to the showers wearing almost nothing.
Are you sure you still don't want to go???? That alone might be worth going back... ;)

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
we are doing a meet and greet monday night at 7 across street from full throttle at the gas station. hope to see you guys there:)
How many guys you figure are going?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Assuming I make it there safe and sound I will definetly show up...It would be cool to meet some fellow forum members! :eek:4: :lol:

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
Assuming I make it there safe and sound I will definetly show up...It would be cool to meet some fellow forum members! :eek:4: :lol:

the safe part is up to you, the sound part is up to the wing and you got that covered in spades:thumbup:

21 - 40 of 48 Posts