GL1800Riders Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
I'm heading out august 2nd. Either be their sat night or Sunday. Depends on how many things catch my eye!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Less than a week...I am hitting the road Thursday morning bright and early. Flying solo. Hopefully I meet up with some wingers along the way... Going the fastest way (highway not airplane) and hope to be there sometime Sunday (praying for sun/cloudy days!) :bow:

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
meet us at 4 aces in deadwood sunday night at 7 for fried chicken

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Everybody needs to do Sturgis... Once.

You will have a great time, although there are lots of crazy people. Do your riding early in the morning when the crazies are still passed out. Lost a friend a few years ago who was hit head on by a guy who had just been kicked out of a bar. Two in the afternoon, he was drunk enough he didn't know he'd hit someone when they pulled him up out of the ditch.

Dont know everyone's routes, but if 1-80 to hwy 2 thru Nebraska is on the schedule, you will go 100 yards from my house. If you need a shop, oil change, tire service, we do it all. Feel free to call. Or we know some decent routes that are a bit nicer than hwy 2 if you'd like a guide through here. Also, we ride the Black Hills about 20 days a year, so if you want to know some hidden gems of roads that will be less traveled, we could map those out....

Have a great time! Let us know if you are coming through and want to connect.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Less than 24 hours to takeoff...

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I never posted anything about this since 7-30-14. It is the beginning of January and I was daydreaming about warmer weather...
I went and had a blast... I would love to do it again...BUT no more sleeping in a tent on the ground...Plus 2014 was the rainiest event in years... There was a lot I didn't see/do because the weather was not looking good for the rest of the time I had to "spend" there and I ended up leaving a day early. If anyone IS thinking of going let me know... I'll be sitting by the phone...

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
Went to Sturgis in 2003 -loved it, love to go again, You got to ride all the back roads, nicest time I ever had on a motorcycle...
Won't be this year cause I have an Alaska trip planned, the wife would divorce me if I ever hit her up with another couple of weeks traveling.

Ronnie

41 - 48 of 48 Posts