Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
also watch for sand

more places are using that, since salt costs twice as much as last year

sand can be just as evil as ice

·
Soon to be Former Member
7,732 Posts
We had bad snow/ice last week. Everything frozen solid. I had at least 2 feet of snow in my yard. Well, as luck would have it, we got a warm spell here. Everything is now melted and flooding (including my friggin crawl space). So, we have standing water everywhere. :cry: My yard looks like a lake. At least the geese are loving this weather. The deer don't seem to be liking the soggy yard though.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Up here its not the wet spots it the snow that is still over the top of them. The salt would not be very good for the bike either. Wish all we had to contend with was wet spots

jealous of all you that are riding

good riding

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
with this warm spell. watch the wet spots when it gets dark. that ***** can get slippery. don't ask me how i know.

all good live and learn.

no damage too bike or me.
Glad that you don't have bad stories to tell! We're going to be in the 60's today, but high winds this afternoon. Ride safe!:lol:

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
with this warm spell. watch the wet spots when it gets dark. that ***** can get slippery. don't ask me how i know.

all good live and learn.

no damage too bike or me.
Great advice.
Same goes for wet leaves in the fall and sand that washes out after a long winter or a hard rain.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Hossman, sounds great to have dinner just outside your door. Choose a big fat goose and have thanksgiving dinner all year round

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
PIT, be careful out there...........

Yup, it was a wonderful day around here yesterday. I was tempted to take the bike out, but decided against it.

I ended up removing the cover and started it up, let her run for awhile, but that's about it.

Looking forward to that first Spring ride down to Loren's........

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Looking forward to that first Spring ride down to Loren's........
we are ready

i warmed up some of the roads yesterday for ya'll

it was pretty hard to watch the road, while looking at all the ice strom damage

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Glad to hear that you and your ride are ok. :thumbup: This time of the year can be exciting on a motorcycle. :eek:4:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I've already told ya how good I am at falling down in the winter, so I ain't saying nothin'.

·
Soon to be Former Member
7,732 Posts
Hossman, sounds great to have dinner just outside your door. Choose a big fat goose and have thanksgiving dinner all year round
Eh, I'm not a hunter. Besides, I live in the metroparks. It's illegal to hunt there. I would be in BIG doodoo if I got caught. My buddies come over and DROOL at the big deer in my yard. Begging me to let them bring their bows over to get one.

·
Registered
326 Posts
think it's about 68-70 right now in MD. :bow: won't last long so, ride um boys and girls. high wind for thur. and snow by the weekend.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts