GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang,
A while ago, the wife and I went to the Long Beach Motorcycle show and looked at a new '09 Wing. It had some factory arm rests for the passenger. The wife sat on the bike and really liked the arm rests. We talked to the Honda rep there and he said the rests can be retrofitted to an earlier Wing if, the speaker boxes are changed too. My question is: Have any of you done this modification/change/addition to your '07 or earlier Wing? If so, do you still like it or, should I ask, does the War Department like them? And again, if so, what was the total cost of the speaker box components?

Part #: HO-8196917
Retail Price: $199.95

Price: $167.95
Qty.
Direct Line guarantees low prices. If you see a lower price somewhere else please click here and let us know.​

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I have those on my 06 ..I didn't change the speaker boxex..

·
Trained Killer Member
1,533 Posts
Put them on my 07 (OK, well Bartman and I) back at Cats-Cade 07 - wife loves em. No mods...just a bit laborious...but well worth it! :agree:

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I thought they could only go on a 2006 or newer, but you heard the "speaker box" could go on a 2001-2005? I didn't know that.

Herb

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replies guys. Since the show was back a while ago, I can't remember just what the specs were on the change-over. I just barely remember that there is some sort of change to the speaker boxes so the late model arm rests would fit. If they (the arm rests) fit '06s and newer without mods, that's great. But, if there's some sort of difference in the speaker boxes from 01-05 then, I'll have to find out for sure just what's needed to make those rests fit our '02. Thanks again for your answers.
Scott

·
Registered
440 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok gang,
Well, we read some of the reviews after install and just about everyone likes them. Some were installed on pre-'06s and yes, the speaker boxes have to be changed. They (the ones who had to do the mods) said there's three pieces on each side that have to be changed.

Well, is it mother Honda that I'll have to order the pieces from or, is there another supplier for the required parts?? One of the reviewers said he paid $84.21 for all the pieces needed and one said he paid $60.00. I sent an e-mail to the one who paid $60.00 and am awaiting an answer. The wife is presently looking them up in Direct Line and can't seem to find the correct speaker box parts needed for the conversion. Anyway, what ever you can help me with here, it would be appreciated greatly. Thanks
Scott

1 - 10 of 10 Posts