GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they look good in the ad's..are they padded in the knees,hips etc ?? im in california and dont want winter clothing..

·
Registered
1,422 Posts

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Duluthtrading.com markets a jean with a kevlar cotton blend. It is supposed to be four times better than straight denim at abrasion resistance. #69.50 per pair.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Do NOT buy Draggin jeans because they do NOT stand behind their product. I had a pair of them and put them in the washer with the rest of our jeans. They FELL APART BIG TIME, I called them and they told me to send them into them. After several calls to them they said if I wanted to buy another pair I could. I told them to sent my falling apart pants back to me. I also made it known that when anyone brought up the subject of Draggin jeans I would tell them just what I thought of their product. They just laughed and hung up the phone. Is this the kind of product anyone would want???

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
First I have heard of any negative comments, but will keep an ear to the ground for bad vibes.

I have their T, Shirt and its great. Always washed it by hand.

Trev.

·
Registered
19,324 Posts
BlueWing said:
Do NOT buy Draggin jeans because they do NOT stand behind their product. I had a pair of them and put them in the washer with the rest of our jeans. They FELL APART BIG TIME, I called them and they told me to send them into them. After several calls to them they said if I wanted to buy another pair I could. I told them to sent my falling apart pants back to me. I also made it known that when anyone brought up the subject of Draggin jeans I would tell them just what I thought of their product. They just laughed and hung up the phone. Is this the kind of product anyone would want???
Good I will stay away from the jeans

·
Registered
111 Posts
Diamond Gusset Defender Jeans

http://www.gussetjeans.com/

I have several pair of Diamond Gusset Jeans and like them very much. They are the weight of regular blue jeans.

I also have 3 pair of Dragging Jeans, have washed them many times and they have held up well. One pair however has torn holes in them because of the Motorcycle accident that totalled 04 Goldwing. The Kevlar did its job and prevented much road rash.

The new Gusset Defender Jeans might be a little warm during Summer in the South because of the Kevlar padding in the seat, knees and so on. I wear the dragging jeans most of the time except when it gets super hot here in Tennessee.

http://www.gussetjeans.com/

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I've been running Sliders Kevlar Motorcycle Jeans. Haven't had a problem with. These are designed for riders by riders and don't bind up in the crotch and are soft to the touch. Like all of these type of Kevlar jeans they do get a little warm in the summer. They are sized big. I found I needed to go 2 sizes smaller. Easily returnable for fitting. They come in Blue or black.

http://www.competitionaccessories.com/m ... ct_ID=9097

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
BlueWing said:
I have 2 pairs of Draggin' Jeans. They are 3 years old, no problems. I guess it is like any product made some work some don't.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
I got a pair of Tourmaster Jeans in Dec just cause I wanted something padded, waterproof, comfortable and not an overpant. These fit the bill for what I wanted - comfortable as a pair of jeans, padded knees and hips, feel good, and keep the water off. I have only used them a dozen times, total about a thousand miles, but, like the guy that was passing the tenth story after falling off a twenty story building, 'so far, so good....so far, so good....'

http://www.newenough.com/tour_master_jean_pant_page.htm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts