GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
FUZEBLOCK, FZ-1...no picture but it fits nicely under the seat of the 2018, easy to route from. Got mine at AEROSTICH. Switched/non-switched option, CAN-bus friendly!

·
Registered
236 Posts
This is what I used on my old 2003:
https://www.bluesea.com/products/5046/ST_Blade_Compact_Fuse_Blocks_-_8_Circuits

In trying to learn more about the CanBus system it appears if I run an 8 gauge power wire straight from the battery to the power stud of this it won’t affect the canbus? Then I will just power aux lights, heated gear, gps, ect from this fuse block.

I liked this one because it had 30a per slot vs most others were only 10a per slot. It also had more spots available and a total of 100a available. My full heated gear (pants, gloves, jacket) is like 12.5-15a...which is more than the Eastern Beaver and others allowed. Also, my aux lights were 25a fuse which was way more than any traditional bike fuse block limit.

That’s all assuming that this will work on a Canbus system?...but it appears that if I just run a power wire straight from the batter to it (of course with an in line fuse with that power wire) it should not affect the CanBus?

I plan to mount this vertically hopefully next to the left side of the battery (front side).

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Seems one system like the FZ-1 or PC-8 is for powering multiple accessory devices (Garmin gps, fog lights such as Rivcos, heated clothing), and the EC linked above is specific to adding additional lighting via an Isolator and Distrubition Block. (additional brake lighting, hyperlites, etc)

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Any recommendations on the fuse block brand? Im considering the Easternbeaver PC-8.
I had a couple EB products on my VStrom. VERY good quality products. Real good comms with the guy, too.

Biggest PITA was waiting for them to arrive from Japan. Took something like a month.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I had a couple EB products on my VStrom. VERY good quality products. Real good comms with the guy, too.

Biggest PITA was waiting for them to arrive from Japan. Took something like a month.

It does take awhile, but when I've ordered from Jim I've had the package in my hand within 10 days.

·
Registered
573 Posts
So, I'm interested in this subject as well as I do plan on adding a couple extra accessories beyond the EC LED brake flasher and running light cable. Like Rivco fog lights and potentially the Warm-n-Safe gloves/shirt combination. The idea of stacking rings on the accessory terminal post is not appealing and I already have a battery maintainer connected to the battery posts. Some of these units look to have lots of options and I haven't seen mention of the Electrical Connections Power Plate for the Goldwing. In that I have limited expansion plans, I would think this unit would work nicely and should have no trouble mounting on the new 'Wing per the EC instructions. Guess I'm looking for your thoughts and suggestions (don't mean to hijack the thread).

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
So, I'm interested in this subject as well as I do plan on adding a couple extra accessories beyond the EC LED brake flasher and running light cable. Like Rivco fog lights and potentially the Warm-n-Safe gloves/shirt combination. The idea of stacking rings on the accessory terminal post is not appealing and I already have a battery maintainer connected to the battery posts. Some of these units look to have lots of options and I haven't seen mention of the Electrical Connections Power Plate for the Goldwing. In that I have limited expansion plans, I would think this unit would work nicely and should have no trouble mounting on the new 'Wing per the EC instructions. Guess I'm looking for your thoughts and suggestions (don't mean to hijack the thread).

I guess with this EC you just use the frame as ground for whatever accessory you install?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Caution guys. So many can-bus systems on a 18-19 wing that you may want to be absolutely sure where you hook up. I've been reading about some of the add on's that have blown ECU's and they are not cheap to replace. 2 taillight ECU's cost a guy 500. Check www.ciro3d.com/goldstrike as they seem to be on top of lighting and other accessories for the new wings.

·
Love The DCT
12,005 Posts
Caution guys. So many can-bus systems on a 18-19 wing that you may want to be absolutely sure where you hook up. I've been reading about some of the add on's that have blown ECU's and they are not cheap to replace. 2 taillight ECU's cost a guy 500. Check www.ciro3d.com/goldstrike as they seem to be on top of lighting and other accessories for the new wings.
Actually the 18/19 wings have only two local area network (LAN) canbus communication networks. One is the frame (FRM) bus and the other is the engine (ENG) bus. There are two communication lines, Can Hi and Can Low.

:doorag:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Actually the 18/19 wings have only two local area network (LAN) canbus communication networks. One is the frame (FRM) bus and the other is the engine (ENG) bus. There are two communication lines, Can Hi and Can Low.

:doorag:
It is not so much the Can-Bus but what it connected to. A can-bus has 2 comm lines as murf said, but HOW MANY ecu's that are connected to it. The main ECU says hi on the high side and receives answers on the low side. Then all the other communicate thru whatever is the main comm unit. On Honda cars, vans and SUV's this is the gauge module. And those other ECU tell the main unit what is going on all the time. Bunch of gossipers.
I have not worked on an 18/19 Goldwing. But I do work on Honda cars for a living and my specialty is electronics.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
I went with the Show Chrome. It fits nicely up against the plastic blade by the fuel tank.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts