GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Sorry about the off topic...but the ride from Dallas to San Antonio at one point was up to 105 :eek:4: and your talking snow storms.

By the way your videos are most excellent. I have found that its not really the equipment that you use but the way you present it, is what really makes it outstanding. Maybe this summer I'll make it up to BearTooth or CanyonLands. Can't wait for your next one.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I have so much footage and these things take a lot of time to put together, but I do have plans for many more.

I did just buy a new camera, but you are 100% correct, video is boring unless you properly and creatively turn it into a story. that means, script, music, graphics, quick edits, effects etc. Average internet viewing attention for video is..................2 minutes. all mine are in the 6 minute range because we have a very highly involved audience with special interest, so they are working.

working on the official blog spot now, but until then they'll be on that You Tube Channel. BUT it is riding season and I want to ride and acquire more footage, then edit this summer.

come up here and enjoy. (I practiced in San Antonio and Dallas for many years).

·
Registered
206 Posts
I rode Chief Joseph and BearTooth highway today (Thursday). I went from the Cody side to Red Lodge, down to Belfry and then home and it was fine. There is still a LOT of snow up there but the road is in good shape. Snow on the side of the road in one section had to be 20' high. The road was clear except for some snow melt water in a few spots but it was not bad. I only had to stop for construction one time and it was for less than 5 minutes. The Top of the World store was open.

One thing to caution everybody about is the tar or other black stuff that WYDOT uses to fill in the cracks on the road, they are SLICK. On Chief Joseph on the down ward side of Dead Indian overlook to the bottom of the valley towards the Sunlight road was slick. I was going real slow and I could feel my tires slide out a few times. Other than that particular section, the rest of the road was fine. I talked to a few of my friends who rode the same road last week and they said the same thing.

The views from the Beartooth Highway were incredible and it was a fun ride. Lots of twists and turns and up and down shifting. It was my first time on that road on my Wing and it was fun, and I'll probably do it again later this summer. Temp at the top was around 50, at the bottom was 88, so quite a difference

1 - 5 of 5 Posts