GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any first hand experience comments would be appreciated. I've searched the forumns and found various reviews of others but have not found comments on this. I'm on a 2008 Wind with Russell seat and Utopia backrest and would use this on the pasenger seat since I ride solo.

TIA

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
What is a CBT-950? I did a search on their site with 0 found.
I have a Nelson Rigg cover I purchased in 2000 and it is still doing a great job. It was and is still $39.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Well if I could get the letters in the right ordre I would have found it!
Another Senior Moment! :shrug:

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
I bought a Nelson-Riggs expanable luggage container early this year and have used it on several long trips. I find it a great product, well worth the price.

Mine is a CL-90, I think. It does not have the added round bag on top like the one pictured above but has a dozen zippers that allow it to expand upward to the height of the passenger backrest. It fits snugly but perfectly between my Olympia backrest and the factory passenger backrest.

If all their products are as well designed and well built as the one I boughjt, any of them are good.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi Al, I have the CTB-600 (just a little smaller, same style). We use on the Vulcan's rear rack. It has worked very well for us, kept everything dry all the way home from MV one year. It rained almost all the way home. Well made and expands to hold a lot of gear.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Kevin and Stephanie.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have one, and it is a good product. The small zipper pouches are handy, 2 are expandable. If your backrest is not too wide, you can zip a cover over the backrest, but velcro straps actually hold the bag on, if you attach it behind your sissy bar/backrest, if you have a luggage rack for it to sit on. You can zip out the expander and it will hold more luggage. You can also use the barrel bag or us straps it comes with to secure a sleeping bag and other stuff on top of the main bag, if you want.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts