GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been out of town for a couple of days. I looked to see how DD King and Steve A. are doing. I was able to find out about Steve but cannot find anything out about DD.

Does anybody have any updates.

I do hope he is feeling better and staying comfortable.... :wink: :wink: as he possibly can under the circumstances.

Thanks,

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I talked to him Friday and got email from him today.
He's coming along and is still waiting for his "plumbing" to work better. He's much happier at home and should heal faster there. He can't start any real PT until his bones knit for a couple more months.
PM him or call; he has an active mind (when he's not on pain killers) and is probably climbing the walls...

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Arnbutt. Thanks for the info. I will send him a pm before the night is over..

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Thanks for asking. I'm doing much better. My wife was telling our chiropractor that I was having plumbing problems and then told him my injuries, one of which is a broken tenth rib. He said that was the cause. Went to him for an adjustment and 3 hours later...well...I think you know what happened. Plumbing fixed. If we had gotten him involved earlier, I might have been out of the hospital sooner.

I'm at home with a makeshift bed set up in the living room. Melissa and my mother are taking good care of me. I get around with a walker and a wheelchair. Hopefully by the time Wingstock rolls around, I'll be able to sit long enough in the wheelchair to attend the BBQ. [Someone's got to make sure Arn Butt doesn't eat it all.]

My injuries will take 3 months to heal, but they aren't nearly as serious as Steve's. Nevertheless, I would still appreciate prayers.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Glad to hear you are doing better! I wish I could get my wife to go to my chiropractor for her migraines. Maybe your testomony will help. My current schedule looks clear enoughto do a one day run to Wingstock. Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
I used to think chiros were witch doctors out to get your money. Then I had an elbow problem and my wife conviced me to try one. He listened to my symptoms and then proceeded to work on my ribs. I told him, "No, it's my elbow." He said he knew and for me to just let him do his job. A few minutes of working on the rib and the elbow problems were gone. Needless to say, I became a believer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts