GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Chesapeake and love to head up to the mountains, camp, and ride the area when the weather is good. There is a campground in Stanardsville called Heavenly Acres. It is 10 minutes from the Parkway. The owner tells me there is a Goldwing group that camps there each year. I thought it would be great to pick a weekend and have everyone from the local area come up there and meet. It would be a great way to meet the Virginia folks and get in some great riding as well. Does anyone know about that Goldwing group? If enough are intersted I could put something together.

G

·
Haven't done any camping since my Boy Scout days just, ahem, a few years ago, but would love to learn how to do it if for no other reason than to cut costs on long trips. I bought a tent two years ago and have never used it. We live just outside of Stanardsville, just a few miles from Heavenly Acres. :coffee1:

Chuck

·
Registered
152 Posts
As a rule I camp where ever I go. The exception is if crossing mid America when it's hot. Prefer National Forest and Corps of Engineer campgrounds, because the Golden Age pass will usually get me a 50% discount. If you're interested in camping try the International Brotherhood of Motorcycle Campers www.ibmc.org.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I love to camp and hike. Never done it from a Goldwing; however, I never had a Wing until now!!!:lol:

As for riding in the mountains...I'm ALWAYS up for that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts