GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Chesapeake and love to head up to the mountains, camp, and ride the area when the weather is good. There is a campground in Stanardsville called Heavenly Acres. It is 10 minutes from the Parkway. The owner tells me there is a Goldwing group that camps there each year. I thought it would be great to pick a weekend and have everyone from the local area come up there and meet. It would be a great way to meet the Virginia folks and get in some great riding as well. Does anyone know about that Goldwing group? If enough are intersted I could put something together.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Wing Camping

I've not done it before on the wing but am up for trying it. I'm hoping to work on an IBA National Parks Tour this year and camping will keep the costs down.

C

·
0 Posts
Haven't done any camping since my Boy Scout days just, ahem, a few years ago, but would love to learn how to do it if for no other reason than to cut costs on long trips. I bought a tent two years ago and have never used it. We live just outside of Stanardsville, just a few miles from Heavenly Acres. :coffee1:

Chuck

·
Registered
152 Posts
As a rule I camp where ever I go. The exception is if crossing mid America when it's hot. Prefer National Forest and Corps of Engineer campgrounds, because the Golden Age pass will usually get me a 50% discount. If you're interested in camping try the International Brotherhood of Motorcycle Campers www.ibmc.org.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I love to camp and hike. Never done it from a Goldwing; however, I never had a Wing until now!!!:lol:

As for riding in the mountains...I'm ALWAYS up for that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts