GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As any 2012 owner have this happen, bike is a 2012 audio,comfort. No luggage rack, with arm rest, and trailer hitch,14k on the bike, dealer put arm rest on at time of delivery of bike, hitch was bought from the same dealer this is just under lid by the hinges on top box. do you thing Honda will warranty this?? what do you think

010.jpg 009.jpg

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Take it back to him and see if he will take care of it, no harm in asking.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I would say that if Honda knew the story they'd probably turn it down. Let's be real here, its not really a Factory/Honda defect. It's either a non-Honda Armrest -or- the Dealer installed it incorrectly -or- both -or- who knows . . . but it's not a manufacturing defect, that's pretty clear. All that said, the dealer may take care of it and hope that Honda doesn't question the warranty claim when they submit it to Honda. -or- If you're a really good customer the dealer may eat the expense as a matter of customer satisfaction -or- if the dealer has a good reputation with Honda and thus doesn't get much scrutiny, you'll not have any issues . . . and frankly that's the most likely scenario.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The pictures are to close to get a real sense of where the damage is. I found on mine, 3 of the screw bosses cracked where the shoulder screws attach the hinge to the trunk box. I repaired them with ABS cement and showed them to my service manager, he wanted to know why I didn't let him replace the trunk, "I just fixed it" was my reply. He knows about it, they break again, I'll be exercising that warranty.

·
Registered
405 Posts
As any 2012 owner have this happen, bike is a 2012 audio,comfort. No luggage rack, with arm rest, and trailer hitch,14k on the bike, dealer put arm rest on at time of delivery of bike, hitch was bought from the same dealer this is just under lid by the hinges on top box. do you thing Honda will warranty this?? what do you think

View attachment 51894 View attachment 51895
Just got my arm rests delivered last night. Since the dealer installed yours you probably missed some very important warnings. First: Do not use the arm rests for suport when mounting or dismounting the motorcycle. Second: Do not push down on the armrests to lift yourself off the seat to adjust your seating position. The result of doing this will be damage to the trunk. If the dealer did not give you the paperwork that came with the arm rests and he says they will not cover the damage you may have a leg to stand on for replacement at the dealers cost. If he gave you the paperwork and you neglected to read it ..... you better hope he is in a giving mood.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Take it back to dealer and talk with the Service Manager. Explain to him you are a member of this forum and that it is world wide. Tell him if the dealership installed what they sold you they should make it good. Looks like it was over torqued. Tell him you will probably post whatever the outcome from that dealership and you will use their names. I bet you get service. Honda has nothing to do with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts