GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 Wing is experiencing transmission problems with 18,700 miles on it and I may soon be visiting the dealer for warranty repairs. I have a car tire on the back and wonder if any of you have experienced difficulty in getting warranty work honored because of your car tire? Also, what about any general bike insurance claims problems for the same reason? Thanks

·
IronMan
17,638 Posts
:agree: WOULDNT GIVE THEM "ANY " REASON TO DENY YOU A CLAIM !!

·
Registered
466 Posts
It is common among motorcyclists to cite that "Dealers are stealers."

Sometimes this is true.

But ... it can also be said that often times "Buyers are liars."

If you ride with a car tire, leave the car tire on when you take it for diagnosis and service. It's dishonest to pretend that the conditions have been different than they really were.

Reactions: remoandiris

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
It depends on the dealer. One may note on the work order that you are running an unapproved tire for warranty purposes. Another dealer may say and note nothing. I dealt with one of each and use the one that says nothing now whenever I need service.

Reactions: Monk

·
Registered
8,060 Posts
Some dealers won't allow their techs to test ride a bike with a car tire on it. :frown2:

Reactions: rooster shooter

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Find a dealer that ignores trailer hitches. If they ignore trailering, something explicitly prohibited by the owner's manual (at least the 2018 manual), they may ignore a tire that does not meet the recommended specs.

·
Registered
314 Posts
just had my final drive rebuilt, no issues at all...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts