GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that are in the know, or are connected, any word? The last update for 2019 was January of 2019. According to the press releases when the bike first came out, there was to be 10 years of free map updates. It's been over a year since the last update of anything on the bike. Any info that is grounded in truth would be appreciated.

·
Love The DCT
11,394 Posts
Probably will see a nav update by summer of 2020 and Android Auto before the end of 2020.
?

·
Registered
765 Posts
I went to a dealer today to ask about it and they didn't know anything. They said when I bring my bike in and hook it up to the computer that maybe it will show if an update is available.
OMG! Are these people for real? Time to find another dealer.

·
Registered
16,511 Posts
Now, to the original inquiry; read Fred's review on this forum and if you conclude as did I there are no changes to Nav and no changes of significance other than some sort of tranny dampers, cosmetic, and inclusion of two minor previous accessories. I have been wrong before.

prs

·
Vendor
21,429 Posts
To bring this thread back on topic, I'm currently in communication with Honda to find out if another firmware update will be released for the 2018/19 models, and what (if any) changes were made to the Nav system on the 2020 model.

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
I went to a dealer today to ask about it and they didn't know anything. They said when I bring my bike in and hook it up to the computer that maybe it will show if an update is available.
OMG! Are these people for real? Time to find another dealer.
99% of Honda dealers have the same answer, clueless.o_O

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
you da man ; thanks

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
To bring this thread back on topic, I'm currently in communication with Honda to find out if another firmware update will be released for the 2018/19 models, and what (if any) changes were made to the Nav system on the 2020 model.
Thanks Fred, that info would be really helpful as I venture into the mainland this Summer

·
Administrator
344 Posts
Fred bought the thread back on topic. However, some continue to derail and hijack the thread by taking it off topic. Off topic threads are deleted.

·
Administrator
4,030 Posts
Guys. If the OP has asked "what do you think of your dealership" or "Let's hear horror stories about your local motorcycle dealers", a lot of these replies would be spot on. But, the OP asked if anyone had heard about any updates for the 2020's. Two totally different topics. Maybe we can focus on the original question without one of the mods stepping in and being a bad guy?

·
Vendor
21,429 Posts
I have just received information from Honda that indicates the only changes to the Nav system are some very minor syntax changes, for example "speed and flow" was changed to "traffic". They have also informed me that they won't be making this firmware update available for the 2018/19 bikes. They did tell me that they have reported the issue with routes forcing you to go back and pick up a missed waypoint and they are looking into it. Hopefully this will be fixed at some point in the future.

·
Registered
229 Posts
So there will be no map update then???? Maps are now a year old. Garmin updates maps 4 times a year generally...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts