GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yea, but Honda is proving free updates for 10-years! :oops::oops::oops:
Maybe Honda meant one update every 10 years :LOL:

My car gets map updates at least every month and they install OTA. Honda needs to step up their game.

I wonder why they won't release the firmware for 2018/2019 bikes?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was hoping for a fix to the the XM weather setting not staying set. And a fix to the low CB volume issue.

Coonsie

Sent from my KFMUWI using Tapatalk

·
Registered
225 Posts
Use Google map & it updates daily
Google maps is great if you have cell coverage. I'm often in areas where I do not. Yes, I know you can pre-download google map data for areas you want, but again, I may not always remember to do that. I like having onboard maps. I've been playing with Sygic, wondering if I should pull the trigger on the buying the premium edition. Would love to use the Scenic app, but it doesn't support carplay yet..

·
Registered
106 Posts
Google maps is great if you have cell coverage. I'm often in areas where I do not. Yes, I know you can pre-download google map data for areas you want, but again, I may not always remember to do that. I like having onboard maps. I've been playing with Sygic, wondering if I should pull the trigger on the buying the premium edition. Would love to use the Scenic app, but it doesn't support carplay yet..
Try Magic Earth. It’s free, supports CarPlay, and has downloadable maps.

Also, the developer of Scenic is ready to do CarPlay but he has not been approved by Apple yet. He has submitted several requests. Hop on Apple Feedback and ask them to approve Scenic for CarPlay support. Scenic is awesome. It’s the entire reason I ran a cable and set up a handlebar mount for my phone. :)

As far as bike updates - I was hoping they would adjust the overly-twitchy Sport mode throttle response.

I would also like to see some other improvements to the software - like the ability to set auto off turn signals to longer time limits, or to set hill-start-assist to longer time limits. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
225 Posts
Try Magic Earth. It’s free, supports CarPlay, and has downloadable maps.

Also, the developer of Scenic is ready to do CarPlay but he has not been approved by Apple yet. He has submitted several requests. Hop on Apple Feedback and ask them to approve Scenic for CarPlay support. Scenic is awesome. It’s the entire reason I ran a cable and set up a handlebar mount for my phone. :)

As far as bike updates - I was hoping they would adjust the overly-twitchy Sport mode throttle response.

I would also like to see some other improvements to the software - like the ability to set auto off turn signals to longer time limits, or to set hill-start-assist to longer time limits. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yep.. been keeping up with Scenic. Already did that on Apple Feedback.... other's should do the same. I'll check out Magic Earth. Thanks...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I thought all that was fixed with the Jan 2019 update.
The XM weather setting is still not persistent in the Jan 2019 update. Sometimes you get lucky and it will work the next time out, but usually not.

The low CB volume issue is still a problem after the Jan 2019 update. I stopped complaining about it, as I just assumed they would take care of it in the next update....I am still hoping, but based on Fred's response, it doesn't sound likely.

Coonsie

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have just received information from Honda that indicates the only changes to the Nav system are some very minor syntax changes, for example "speed and flow" was changed to "traffic". They have also informed me that they won't be making this firmware update available for the 2018/19 bikes. They did tell me that they have reported the issue with routes forcing you to go back and pick up a missed waypoint and they are looking into it. Hopefully this will be fixed at some point in the future.
Thanks for the update. Disappointing that is all Honda is going to do, but thanks for finding out for us.

·
Vendor
21,426 Posts
When asked about Android Auto at a IMS show this year, a Honda PR guy said it "will be sooner, than later."
I've also confirmed from Honda that Android integration is in work.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts