GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a readly available tire I am quickly finding out. Friend wants one for his first car tire :excited: I told him I would look around to find best price , I did and now soliciting everyone's help. Tough economy as led to drastic measures to save a few bucks. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
That looks like a pretty good price. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I'm thinking of the same tire and that price is the best one I've found.

Bash.

Hi Oscar!

·
Registered
91 Posts
That is about what i gave for mine on Tirerack.com

·
DSI Keeper
9,167 Posts
Price isn't bad. That include shipping? I been getting my Pirelli's shipped for about $160 right now. About 25 more than last year. My first Pirelli was 105 shipped. That is how much tires went up. :shock:

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Price isn't bad. That include shipping? I been getting my Pirelli's shipped for about $160 right now. About 25 more than last year. My first Pirelli was 105 shipped. That is how much tires went up. :shock:
$18 shipping

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
That's what I paid on Sunday from them. Their CSR said that she will get my shipping refunded, because I paid for 2 day Air and UPS didn't get it to me until today (four days). I don't think the tire has ever flown before it was put on my GoldWing!

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I would jump on it before I couldn't get one!:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
are they being discontinued?

I was planning on trying one this winter.

Dennis
Not that I know of ,I was trying to save my buddy some money. He found a used one with 9/32 tread on for $80 shipped :thumbup:.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
are they being discontinued?

I was planning on trying one this winter.

Dennis
Sorry didn't mean to mislead! Last year when I bought my Sunny SN3830 and run it a thousand miles and really like it, I decided to order a second one. Only problem, there were none to be had in the US! I saw earlier, where someone said they were having a hard time finding the Alpin. Just didn't want him to run into the problem I did with a seasonal tire!

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry didn't mean to mislead! Last year when I bought my Sunny SN3830 and run it a thousand miles and really like it, I decided to order a second one. Only problem, there were none to be had in the US! I saw earlier, where someone said they were having a hard time finding the Alpin. Just didn't want him to run into the problem I did with a seasonal tire!
Seasonal tires do have limited production runs :thumbup: your right Rocket. I found it odd that I could only find 4 places on the Internet that sold them. They may be a new tire model :shrug: this could be why ,but I am only guessing. I got to ride his bike when I mount this for him. It looks to be the roundest profile on a pix I have seen yet . Which would explain the good reports as far as not walking much ,feels good transitioning, and so on. This could be a Runflat I could live with,maybe ,probally not , but maybe.Kumho is close to but not enough to convince me totally. Time will tell. ;)

·
Registered
828 Posts
Can this tire be used all year long? Or is it considered just a winter tire?

Mike

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can this tire be used all year long? Or is it considered just a winter tire?

Mike
Many run winter tires year long with no problems. I am running my Dunlop winter sport to Texas in 26 days :thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts