GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I am seriously considering a 2018 GW offered by World of Powersports in Springfield, Illinois, and I was wondering if anybody is close by and willing to stop by and take a look at the bike on my behalf. I got some high-res pics, but some actual eyeballs are always helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Alex

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the path of least resistance will be to get a local motorcycle shop to do a PPI, or at least go the dealership and visually inspect and test ride the bike on my behalf. Pursuing this option now, and waiting to hear back from a couple of places...

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Some story here. I'm 5:30 minutes away. If it was closer I'd do it. I hope someone comes through for you.

Now if it was bike riding weather, you'd have all kinds of offers.

Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is so interesting, for high-end cars, a PPI is a common thing and is absolutely expected for specialty, expensive, or rare vehicles. Arguably a GW fits that profile in the motorcycle world, but several shops I called said they do not offer PPI services for motorcycles, nor have they heard of anyone doing that. Seems like a lost opportunity, I would gladly pay some money to an unbiased third party to act as my eyes and ears, and make sure the bike is as advertised.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I think the path of least resistance will be to get a local motorcycle shop to do a PPI, or at least go the dealership and visually inspect and test ride the bike on my behalf. Pursuing this option now, and waiting to hear back from a couple of places...
What is a PPI?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What is a PPI?
Pre Purchase Inspection. Usually it's an exhaustive inspection of the vehicle by a third party and costs between $200-$300.

Every time I buy a car, I have a PPI done by a garage specializing in that make, and over the years this has saved me from buying some real lemons.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts