GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got these three in today. All of them ABS. I sense a trend towards more ABS purchases. These are all sold.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Hal, Shame on you. If they are all Sold, Why do you tease....LOL

I was hoping they were Black Cherry.

Dawg

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Frigidaire, Frigidaire, and Frigidaire... :a13:

·
Registered
498 Posts
You sure that middle one is not a Maytag??!!??

Paul H.

(actually, a little black paint here and there and they would make GREAT Police bikes! Would you care to donate 1 to my department? LOL! )

:lol:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Looks like the cops are coming. :cop2: :cop2: :cop2:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Well I sure hope Honda starts shipping!! I've had an 04' Candy Red ABS on order since November. First delivery date was 22 Nov. Day before delivery dealer calls and says its not in and Honda won't say why deliveries are on hold. Next, regional sales rep says I'll have it by Christmas. No bike and no explanation as to why. Dealer calls me Jan 13 to say Honda says Wing to ship on Jan 16 - computer confirms availability and shipment. This week, computer says not available. Called just about every day and yet, no Wing. Spent a lot of time on the phone with dealer today --- No word on the the Candy Red ABS. Honda won't say why it won't ship... no word from Honda at all. Can't figure all this out. Never have I had problems spending this amount of money. All I can say is thank goodness its winter in Maryland!!

If HAL or any other dealer want to shed some light on this issue, I'd sure appreciate it.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are just too many variables for me to even begin to try and figure it out. Each dealer has a different set of parameters with Honda based on sales, allocations, etc.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thanks Hal,

I can except what you're saying to a certain degree. I mean if I place the order in early November why is there this many problems in identifying when the Wing will be available and shipped to the dealer for delivery. I mean come on, this isn't the dark ages. I find it hard to believe Honda can't tell a dealer when an order should be shipped? I would think Honda's production schedule/capabilities would be known and when a dealer places an order it shouldn't take a nuclear scientist to figure when the product will be available and shipped. What am I missing here?

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Paul H said:
You sure that middle one is not a Maytag??!!??
You're right... it does resemble my refrigerator a bit... :lol:

·
Registered
258 Posts
I feel real lucky that I got my maytag BEFORE the stated ship date, but this whole thing has got me thinking. If the whole thing is based on dealer allocation, then does that mean that if we want a new bike, we need to go to a dealer that sells alot of wings so I can get one sooner. Kinda crappy to the smaller dealers eh.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
You guys on the right coast don't get a fair shake. I don't think there is a color I haven't seen on some ones showroom. Maybe it's that snow thing that holds everything up ?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can except what you're saying to a certain degree. I mean if I place the order in early November why is there this many problems in identifying when the Wing will be available and shipped to the dealer for delivery. I mean come on, this isn't the dark ages. I find it hard to believe Honda can't tell a dealer when an order should be shipped? I would think Honda's production schedule/capabilities would be known and when a dealer places an order it shouldn't take a nuclear scientist to figure when the product will be available and shipped. What am I missing here?
I do not want to go into a lot of detail so that I don't get in trouble by saying something that may not apply. But if you understand all of the steps in the distribution process there may be some that have nothing to do with allocation or production but could be the reason why units don't get delivered to dealers.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
I do not want to go into a lot of detail so that I don't get in trouble by saying something that may not apply. But if you understand all of the steps in the distribution process there may be some that have nothing to do with allocation or production but could be the reason why units don't get delivered to dealers.
Hal, have you ever considered a career in politics? LOL :D

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
I noticed that the yellow scooter behind the white wings seems to be in a cage?

:wink:

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
Thats the shipping crate for most sport bikes, Wings come in a completley covered crate. The bike looks like a CBR600RR.
**** :D :yw1:

·
Registered
498 Posts
I figured it was "caged" because we all know that yellow is fast and just waiting to get out there and RUN!!! :D :D :D

Paul H.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Toisich said:
Well I sure hope Honda starts shipping!! I've had an 04' Candy Red ABS on order since November. First delivery date was 22 Nov. Day before delivery dealer calls and says its not in and Honda won't say why deliveries are on hold. Next, regional sales rep says I'll have it by Christmas. No bike and no explanation as to why. Dealer calls me Jan 13 to say Honda says Wing to ship on Jan 16 - computer confirms availability and shipment. This week, computer says not available. Called just about every day and yet, no Wing. Spent a lot of time on the phone with dealer today --- No word on the the Candy Red ABS. Honda won't say why it won't ship... no word from Honda at all. Can't figure all this out. Never have I had problems spending this amount of money. All I can say is thank goodness its winter in Maryland!!

If HAL or any other dealer want to shed some light on this issue, I'd sure appreciate it.
OK Guys and Gals, let's think this through. Honda can't or won't meet a promised shipping date. Harley never has had bikes available on the showroom for sale. Honda keeps slipping shipping dates. Harley never meets shipping dates. Maybe Mother Honda wants to drive the prices up on new and used units like Father Harley! :D :wink:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
There's probably a lot of those white ones here right now ! But we can't see em, they blend in with the Michigan background pretty good !

1 - 20 of 48 Posts