GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new seat for my 2002 Gl1800. The old seat has a tear and has been sitting around for 6 months and my wife wants me to get rid of it. Does anyone have an idea other than taking it to the dump?

thumbnail.jpg

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Does it have the rubber mount bushings or did they go on your new seat? Ill give ya $10 and the ride for them....

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
I think the carriers (UPS, FedEx) are taking advantage of the pandemic to raise their prices.
6 years ago I shipped a seat from my '85 to Florida. At that time the shipping was around $85, size and weight. I don't think the pandemic has much to do with today's prices. If anything, it may just take longer.
Strip the seat and sell the pan only. Anyone looking to upgrade their seat may jump on it.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
BretC,

I have a proposition for you. May 23 the Oregon Vintage Motorcycle show and swap meet is in Corvallis OR. It's at Benton County Fairgrounds. I'll be driving up from Coos Bay OR. If you meet me there I'll give you fifteen bucks for the seat and pay your way into the show. ($5.00) I want the complete seat, not just the pan.

Not only will you get rid of the seat, you see some beautifully restored classic bikes and have a great time. It's well worth the drive just for the show!!

Give me a call if you're interested.
five-four-one two 9 seven one seven zero three.

Rayjoe

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
@rayjoe, thanks for the heads up on the Oregon Vintage Motorcycle Show/Swap meet. Got it marked on my calendar. Looks like a fun way to spend a Sunday.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
BretC,

I have a proposition for you. May 23 the Oregon Vintage Motorcycle show and swap meet is in Corvallis OR. It's at Benton County Fairgrounds. I'll be driving up from Coos Bay OR. If you meet me there I'll give you fifteen bucks for the seat and pay your way into the show. ($5.00) I want the complete seat, not just the pan.

Not only will you get rid of the seat, you see some beautifully restored classic bikes and have a great time. It's well worth the drive just for the show!!

Give me a call if you're interested.
five-four-one two 9 seven one seven zero three.

Rayjoe
Unfortunately I have to work that day. But if you know anyone who is driving down from the Portland area I'll let you have it for free.

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Thanks BretC,

Let me make some phone calls and I'll get back to you via this thread.

Rayjoe

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks BretC,

Let me make some phone calls and I'll get back to you via this thread.

Rayjoe
Also, my wife works for Sause Brothers' Portland office. She might be able to send it to the Coos Bay office with one of the barge guys.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Also, my wife works for Sause Brothers' Portland office. She might be able to send it to the Coos Bay office with one of the barge guys.
That would be great! I live about five blocks from the docks in Coos Bay. Let me know if she can arrange it.

Thanks,

Rayjoe

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
Glad you can come! You don't happen to live in the Portland area do you?

Rayjoe
I live in Vancouver WA about 15 mi. from my daughter who lives in N. Portland
Salmon Creek to be exact

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
CAWing,

If you have been following this thread then you probably know what I thinking. If you come to the Oregon Vintage Motorcycle show in Corvallis could you bring the seat?

Rayjoe

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That would be great! I live about five blocks from the docks in Coos Bay. Let me know if she can arrange it.

Thanks,

Rayjoe
My wife says the one of the guys will glad to take the seat to Sause Brothers Coos Bay office in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
BretC,

Thanks to you and your wife! My phone is five-four-one 297 one seven zero three.

Thanks,

Rayjoe

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
@rayjoe I apologize for not getting back to you about the seat issue. Once I entered the MC Swap Meet event in Corvallis OR into my May calendar I never visited the thread again until recently and saw your post. It appears that BretC has found a way to get his seat to you in Coos Bay, is that still the plan?
I hope nothing gets in the way of me attending that event but sometimes "life gets in the way" and I've had to cancel at the last minute.
Cheers!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts