GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pulling on the lower left side of my shelter and messing around with all the left side shields while running a cable under the left side of my shelter when I noticed this rubber grommet laying on my floorboard. It looks like something to prevent one part from rubbing on another or to prevent vibration. Can anyone tell me where it goes? It's off a '10 ABS.

Thanks
Doug

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Engine cover, top front.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
where does this go?

Baker wind wings, on the horizontal piece fat side toward the paint. JMHO

·
Registered
512 Posts
Same here check your baker wings.:agree:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Looks like the rubber pad I'm missing from the bottom of my clock radio!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I agree.There is no stock rubber stop like in the picture anywhere on the bike.
All the stock grommets have holes in them.
It goes is on the engine side cover. It keep the cover from hitting the frame at the top corner at the rear I believe. I suspect that they fall off regularly and many folks may not know that they are supposed to be there.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yep, Fred is correct! I have lost everyone that was ever put on that cover. I even glued them on and the still fall off.....

:banghead:

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
It goes is on the engine side cover. It keep the cover from hitting the frame at the top corner at the rear I believe. I suspect that they fall off regularly and many folks may not know that they are supposed to be there.
They do fall off......Gorilla glue solved that problem.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Yep, it's a side cover bumper. As soon as the plastic starts to make a chirp noise a keen rider will be able to hear it. I love Wings!

·
Banned
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yep, chrome engine side cover, front upper corner. That little sucker was missing. Problem is, I have those wonderful Kury floorboards and heel/toe shifter (they were on the bike when I bought it) and they have to come off to get the side cover off. A little silicone glue to make sure it stays in place from now on.

Thanks to everybody who responded. Sure beats taking panels off one at the time to find the missing grommet.

TMac, you got that trailer hitch on yet?

Doug

1 - 19 of 19 Posts