GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone beside me get out for a ride yesterday? I had 66* on the bike. It was rather windy but still nice day for January. The weather is suppose to turn colder for awhile now. :crying:

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Boomer! Yeah, four of us R & R guys rode right at 100 miles and the temp was 63* with mostly sunshine. Good day to ride. And yes, it was a bit windy but no problem with a 900# bike. However we did cut out early around 2 pm for the barn because the wind was really picking up. But all in all a very nice riding day! Hope you enjoyed your ride as much as we did.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I am a couple hundred miles south of y'all but the high was 64 here, and I rode about 200 miles. I left home about 1PM and returned around 6, and it had cooled down to 52 by then. For most of the ride, the sun was shining. Yes, the wind did pick up considerably here too, later in the day.

I did about 60 percent of the ride on KY rural roads, and the remainder on Western KY Parkway, going to and from. I rode around Mammoth Caves area, and that is always nice and scenic. Really liking the Pirelli Snow Control run flat ct, in all riding conditions.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yep. Rode several errands around Denver, about 80 miles total.
Cloudy, started around 40 degrees, about 55* at the end.

·
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Boomer! Yeah, four of us R & R guys rode right at 100 miles and the temp was 63* with mostly sunshine. Good day to ride. And yes, it was a bit windy but no problem with a 900# bike. However we did cut out early around 2 pm for the barn because the wind was really picking up. But all in all a very nice riding day! Hope you enjoyed your ride as much as we did.

I haven't been down to ride with y'all in a couple years. I need to try and make it down when the weather gets warmer. How did y'all find your way to and fro without Jim to lead you? :joke: I know he must be down there in the sunshine state.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Only about 10 miles yesterday, but will put about 300 on the dirt bike today. Three of us are going to try and find the Sibley mansion just east of Mammoth, AZ.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts

Thanks for the R & R report Mike. You guys ride on! Get Maury to sign in on this site!
https://gl1800riders.com/forums/members/12716-maury.html

·
Registered
478 Posts
55 miles today, to meetings. 30* in the morning, 60* coming back in heavy traffic.
Gonna snow pretty good tomorrow, I'll be caging it for the new 3-5 days.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Yes I did. I road the wing the 5 miles to the dealer to have the reverse fixed, I hope.

·
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
55 miles today, to meetings. 30* in the morning, 60* coming back in heavy traffic.
Gonna snow pretty good tomorrow, I'll be caging it for the new 3-5 days.
I've been riding everyday to work this week. Temps 37-45.

EDIT Oops, just saw this was the Ohio forum. Never mind my post.
It doesn't matter if you saw it or not. We welcome all to post here. I do realize the the winter is your ridding season, it's too hot in the summer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts