GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone besides me ride yesterday? It was 53* here, a nice January day for a ride. I thought I should get a ride in before the deep-freeze hits. I only rode about fifty miles but it sure felt good!

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
"major shrinkage" would have likely occurred, if I tried that in my part of the world! So NO!

Ronnie

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Did anyone besides me ride yesterday? It was 53* here, a nice January day for a ride. I thought I should get a ride in before the deep-freeze hits. I only rode about fifty miles but it sure felt good!
I spent the day on the business end of my snow blower so, no, I didn't ride. :frown2::frown2:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Temps ranged 52-58 here in Kentucky, so I rode a little over 300 miles. Figured, with the coming freeze, it may be last chance for several days. I rode a lot of backroads, since the ice is now gone from them. Nowadays, I am particularly fond of riding down around Mammoth Caves area, but also toward rural areas in Western KY. Yesterday, I took a meandering route of backroads all the way to Bowling Green, but jumped on the slab to come home.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Temps ranged 52-58 here in Kentucky, so I rode a little over 300 miles. Figured, with the coming freeze, it may be last chance for several days. I rode a lot of backroads, since the ice is now gone from them. Nowadays, I am particularly fond of riding down around Mammoth Caves area, but also toward rural areas in Western KY. Yesterday, I took a meandering route of backroads all the way to Bowling Green, but jumped on the slab to come home.
Sounds great Joe, wishing I was there so I could have joined you.

·
Administrator
4,581 Posts
One of the grandkids stayed with us yesterday.
Ride - grandchild ride - grandchild?
Grandchild! :grin2: But I did hook-up the battery tender to the bike & caddy.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Went out for a few hours yesterday. It was 57 and windy.Roads where wet from a all day rain on Sunday but dried up by around 10 am All and all it was a nice day here in Fl.

Vince

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
BB a few days ago I took, "the wife's" 63 Stude, GT Hawk out for several miles. It stays mostly in the stable this time of year.

Attachments

·
Crazy Northerner
8,628 Posts
Well Boomer I hope you are happy? We ended up with just under 14 inches of snow. Seems to me like it is 4 feet, but my wife says that is just because I hate it so much. Anyway now to top that off the temps are ridiculously cold. -8 and wind chill factor equals -22 right now. Then the dang weatherman says it will be dropping through the day and wind chill maybe -50 to -60. Is that even possible? When I heard this was coming I did all I could to fight it. I even prayed that Boomer could share the joy. It didn't help. So Boomer I hope you are happy, cause I sure am not.

Reactions: Boomer1832cc

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Yea Boomer , We rode yesterday and the day before. 200 miles first day and about 300 the next day . Took our time and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Beautiful blue sky and bright sunshine . Thought about you guys in all that snow while we enjoyed the nice weather here in God's country .---------- NOT. >:)

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Sunshine makes it feel warmer than it is. Two days ago, temps were in the 40s, but the bright sunshine made it seem warmer. Yesterday, temps were 10 degrees warmer, in the 50s, but no sun, and blustery wind. It felt as warm two days ago in the 40s, as it did yesterday. Yesterday I kept checking the temp on the GW, and telling myself how lucky I was to be riding in the 50s, but just wasn't feeling it. LOL

Reactions: Boomer1832cc

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea Boomer , We rode yesterday and the day before. 200 miles first day and about 300 the next day . Took our time and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Beautiful blue sky and bright sunshine . Thought about you guys in all that snow while we enjoyed the nice weather here in God's country .---------- NOT. >:)
YEA! I know how it is....... Y'all rub it in when it's cold up here. But in the summer when we have upper 80's to low 90's your temperatures are in or getting close to triple digits. Myself I don't like the cold and I don't like the heat. :wink2: But I would much rather ride at 40* than 95*. :nojoke:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts