GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
I saw one at Americade last year. One of the things I noticed is the brace on the inside of the trailer that the gas shock for the lids is mounted to. This setup (IMHO) dictates how you can load the trailer and limits long items from being hauled. The other thing I noted (and while its minor is a big safety issue) is a lack of rear reflectors. No reflector on the rear would not allow the trailer to meet DOT certification. Not only that, forbod your having to pull over to the side of the road....those missing reflectors are what make you immediately visible to others on the road.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to the video, it appears that there are a few items that are near as long as the interior of the trailer that were unloaded.

Your right about not having reflectors but that just makes more options for customizing. I'm not too crazy about the lights either but it looks like a well built trailer.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I bought one last month. Haven't gotten the bike wiring completed, so only pulled it around town a little. I had it shipped to me, which resulted in a couple scratches. I would pick one up from their dealers in Georgia or Missouri. It should hold all the luggage needed for a long trip with no problems. I'll have to look into the lack of rear reflectors. I think I'll also add a rear lift handle that's lighted.

C

·
0 Posts
Damn...
When I saw TRekker, I thought he meant Star-trek...
thers a guy in Ohio that has a trailer done up like a Star-trek space ship.
:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
552 Posts
They're around $3600 painted to match the bike. I think $2900 in black or white. Give Joel a call and he'll give you the info. Seems to be a good guy to work with. He was trying to sell them on eBay, although I don't see any at this time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts