GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I probably won't be taking any long trips on the bike again until May. At least that's the way the weather usually works out around here. I have the XM weather and radio on my 378 and I am going to discontinue it over the winter. Anybody already done this? Is there a suspension mode or just cancel it all? I really don't listen to the XM radio enough in the car to justify keeping it either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i suspended mine. don't cancel it. you are permitted to put your account on seasonal hold. i'll need to call back in the spring to "turn it on" again

·
Registered
20 Posts
Customer retention and customer acquisition generate the two most important numbers for keeping XM and Sirius stock prices up, and it is always cheaper to keep a customer than to acquire a new one. They will do almost anything to keep from having a subscriber cancel anything. If you call them up and say your XM unit is dead and you want to cancel, they will switch you to a special customer service unit that specializes in keeping you as a customer - they will fall all over themselves to give you a new radio for little or nothing. I am not surprised that they allow you to "suspend" your account - because then you do not fall into the dreaded "canceled subsriber" column, a number they have to report to stockholders every quarter.

Steve
BTDT.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts