GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
alltimes said:
Has anyone used these led blinker indicators. I am thinking about trying them out. The price is cheap enough, but the price don't mean anything if they only last a short time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLuE-LeD ... 0214QQrdZ1
i had some on a GL1500 and to be honest, to me they looked a little gaudy and I just didnt like the look. They worked great but the look just scared me off

JB

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Not sure about the blue. In some states, that is illegal, although that may be for only forward looking lights. But I thought blue lights in many states were reserved for police vehicles only.

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
393 Posts
MesquiteBob said:
Not sure about the blue. In some states, that is illegal, although that may be for only forward looking lights. But I thought blue lights in many states were reserved for police vehicles only.

Mesquite Bob
That is the case in Hawaii.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[/quote]i had some on a GL1500 and to be honest, to me they looked a little gaudy and I just didnt like the look. They worked great but the look just scared me offJB[/quote]

JB was the 'gaudy look' there all the time or just when they were blinking? Was the wires really visible?

Blue is probaly illigal here in Ca too, but they also sell the amber ones which I think would be my choice, but if they look like crap then I guess I will get the ones on Hals site that I just seen. A whole bunch more $$ but a whole lot nicer looking from what I can see in the pic.
http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/store ... =714689459

·
Registered
7 Posts
Alltimes, I've had both. I found the blue ones sort of bothered (blinded) me at night. I ordered the ones from HAL, have been using them for two years, no problems, You can not see them at night from the drivers seat.You may want to add some glue when you put them on. I have a lot
of friends who have some version of this and everyone seems to like the chrome ones with the lights on the outside. Good luck with your lights whitchever you get. Bill

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JoeCool said:
Alltimes, I've had both. I found the blue ones sort of bothered (blinded) me at night. I ordered the ones from HAL, have been using them for two years, no problems, You can not see them at night from the drivers seat.
Now that is something I did not even think about.
Looks like Hals is the ones for me.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
The look almost identical to the red ones sold in Wal Mart for about $10.00

2 wire connection and a sticky back LED Casing.

Also of note....I saw some sticky back LED Lights for the engine side covers in Wal Mart also....I think maybe 10, or at the maximum, $20.00 per side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts