GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've not seen that tired mentioned as one of the preferred darkside tires.

For reference I have been running for 20k miles the Yoko Envigor. Good tire. For comparison I recently bought, and need to install, a Pirelli P1
Run Flat which is one of the recommended CT for the GW.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,608 Posts
I looked up this tire on TireRack and was surprised to see the weight listed as only 22 pounds? That is the same as the Pirelli SnowControl which handles very well on curvy roads. But also noticed the price was significantly higher?

If you give this tire a try, please post back on the Darkside Forum with your impressions. Always interested to learn of another possibility. (y)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a good price that's why I asked. Currently have 30k on Drive Guard close to replacing. So I'm shopping, thought both being Bridge Stones somebody might of tried it? I'm not sure if I want to be a Ginny pig thanks for your input. (y)

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,608 Posts
I found a good price that's why I asked. Currently have 30k on Drive Guard close to replacing. So I'm shopping, thought both being Bridge Stones somebody might of tried it? I'm not sure if I want to be a Ginny pig thanks for your input. (y)
Somebody has got to do it!! :) (y)

·
Registered
608 Posts
I ran this tire. Felt it handled good enough but not as good as a motorcycle tire. I was shy of 19000 miles. I purchased a dated tire very inexpensive and lasted 50% more than m/c tire. Presently running m/c tire. I haven’t ever used run flat feature but there have been times I wished I had run flat tire.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
When I first started running a car tire on my bike. It was a Turnanza. It handled okay on the road but it didn't last as long as I was expecting. 22k and it was toast. Also it didn't stay very round as it wore out. I chose it because it was Bridgestone and I tend to favor them but I will not run one again. I will stick with the P1 as long as I can get them. The one I have on now has 25k on it and I ain't taking it off till I leave on my next long trip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts