GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a great price on the 2720.

There's no way I can beat WalMart, Costco or some of the other 'special prices' that some of the other bigger guys have. Nor can I afford to get in a price war - my costs just aren't that low.

Here's my current pricing:
  • Garmin 2720: $665
    Garmin 2730: $700
    Garmin 2820: $755
    Garmin Zumo: $780
    Garmin 276c: $610
    Garmin 376c: $800
    [list:h78lxsn3]Auto Nav Kit: $225 (if bought @ same time as GPS)
Garmin 378/478c: $950
Remember that the 276, 376, 378 & 478 all have a $100 Garmin rebate until 12/31/06[/list:u:h78lxsn3]I can also get the Nuvi, 'c-class' units and others as well, but these are the most common used on the bikes. My cost on the iWay is more than you can find it for from the online sources, unfortunately...

All are currently available except for the Zumo - it's on backorder again already.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Do the prices mention reflect shipping and taxes?

How much are the kennedy tech hookup for audio/power for each of them? That might be a hard one to type in 10 words or less.

Do you give a package deal if they get the dash mount along with the kennedy stuff?

I am stuff thinking of getting me a refurbished 2610. Now I am trying to remember which ones can be mounted with the Tulsa shield......

Thanks Jon

·
Registered
319 Posts
uneasyrider said:
That's a great price on the Zumo (the only one that I know) I hope you sell lot's of them.
That IS a great price. Had I known/realized you were selling it and at that price I would have purchased mine from you and NOT Star Marine (who actually reneged on our overnight deal and sent it UPS Ground for $2 less :? -- just got it today, finally). Obviously you offer the best combination of customer service coupled with the fact that you just plain care about GPS technology and how it best serves your clients and fellow forum members -- and it really shows.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Re: anybody want to buy a GPS before christmas?

pearlblue1800A said:
Jon: I am looking at getting a Garmin 2720. Currently Walmart is selling them for $594.
Is that Canadian or U.S. dollars? If it's Canadian, isn't that almost $800 U.S.?

Just curious.

·
Registered
124 Posts

1Percent said:
pearlblue1800A said:
Jon: I am looking at getting a Garmin 2720. Currently Walmart is selling them for $594.
Is that Canadian or U.S. dollars? If it's Canadian, isn't that almost $800 U.S.?

Just curious.
$0.8829 US = $1.0000 Cdn as of today.

$594.00 US = $672.78 Cdn

·
Registered
1,027 Posts

skid said:
1Percent said:
pearlblue1800A said:

Just curious.
$0.8829 US = $1.0000 Cdn as of today.

$594.00 US = $672.78 Cdn
Oops... :oops: ...I used the U.S. dollar ($1.13) instead of the Cdn rate (.8829) and multiplied the wrong way.

Thanks for setting me straight.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
mbresso said:
uneasyrider said:
That's a great price on the Zumo (the only one that I know) I hope you sell lot's of them.
That IS a great price. Had I known/realized you were selling it and at that price I would have purchased mine from you and NOT Star Marine (who actually reneged on our overnight deal and sent it UPS Ground for $2 less :? -- just got it today, finally). Obviously you offer the best combination of customer service coupled with the fact that you just plain care about GPS technology and how it best serves your clients and fellow forum members -- and it really shows.
When I saw his price I thought the same thing. I bought mine for about the same price in a preorder sale but if I new his price I would have given my business to a rider and a guy from the board.

·
Registered
319 Posts
uneasyrider said:
When I saw his price I thought the same thing. I bought mine for about the same price in a preorder sale but if I new his price I would have given my business to a rider and a guy from the board.
Precisely; and particularly when I've already noted on several occasions that folks are even willing to pay a fair amount more FOR that service (i.e., peace of mind). Oh well, hopefully we won't have a Senator or sumptin' asking us "What did you know and WHEN did you know it?" -- and can just remember for possible future purchases.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I agree completely on buying from Jon. I'm pretty much of a "cheap skate" (per my ex), but I am happy paying a decent premium to Jon for his great support. Jon being the true gentleman he is, suggested I buy the IWay from an online source due to the heavy discounts being given at the time.

Thanks Jon,

Ken H.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SC Steve said:
Do the prices mention reflect shipping and taxes?
No, these are just the GPS prices. Shipping will be added - taxes only for sales to WA residents.

How much are the kennedy tech hookup for audio/power for each of them?
It depends on the system and connection type desired - that's too technical to get into here, I would prefer to handle these kinds of details via e-mail.

Do you give a package deal if they get the dash mount along with the kennedy stuff?
Yes, I can work a deal for a complete system bundle if everything is ordered at once. Again, contact me via e-mail for more info.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.