GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
As some of you know I was selling my '07 FJR (see images below) but decided after a recent curvy mountain ride I needed to keep her. I am not sorry about that at all, but I still get inquiries and maybe one will hit at a weak moment. But for now... she's thrilling me still. If I had a 3rd bike I would get another '14 V-Strom 650. Had one, loved it, miss it (see image below).
Yamaha FJR 1300 tny.jpg
FJR 1300 tny.jpg
V Strom print tny.jpg

·
Registered
819 Posts
Miss having my 2005 FJR1300 for 1-up riding and commuting to work (when that restarts). Great for sporty riding on curvy roads but no really for touring. No place for forward footpegs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You are good, love your artwork. that was my ZX 14 earlier in the thread, is it possible to have you do a drawing of one of my bikes? Can PM me with details, in case this would be against any rules.
I tried to do the quote thing but it didn’t work

·
Registered
162 Posts
You are good, love your artwork. that was my ZX 14 earlier in the thread, is it possible to have you do a drawing of one of my bikes? Can PM me with details, in case this would be against any rules.
I tried to do the quote thing but it didn’t work
PM me Rudy, and we can talk.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Just found a CB1100 with low mileage about a month ago. I had been looking at Adventure bikes and my wife found this when we stopped at a local dealer. My eyes kit up and she knew it was coming home. It reminds me of my 1975 CB750 and you can really lay them down in the turns - so much better than our heavy Ultra Classic. Their paint color are almost an exact match.

View attachment 382914
View attachment 382913
That CB1100 is a real nice looking bike. I bet's it's a hoot to ride.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I have long been intrigued by FJR, and even went to look at one a week or so ago. Because of bad experience with excess wind on a Strom, I am leery of same on an FJR. For folks who have owned both Strom and FJR, how do the two compare, as far as wind on chest and legs, helmet turbulence, wind noise etc.? Thanks

Reactions: Toplessartist

·
Registered
115 Posts
I see some of you guys are a lot like me. My current second bike is a 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere and have had it since 2013. I have also had two FJR's . A 2004 (iron butt bike) and a 2013.
I have slowed down a lot on riding so I'll keep the Tenere to poke around the back roads on locally.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have long been intrigued by FJR, and even went to look at one a week or so ago. Because of bad experience with excess wind on a Strom, I am leery of same on an FJR. For folks who have owned both Strom and FJR, how do the two compare, as far as wind on chest and legs, helmet turbulence, wind noise etc.? Thanks
I owned a FJR for about 6 months and sold it because I could not comfortable on it even after doing a few mods, Daylong seat and handlebar risers. I do remember there was quite a bit of wind noise even though I had a larger than stock windshield. Basically I bought it 20 years too late and my body did not like it. They are a nice bike but not for me at almost 70.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
My other bike. VFR1200X .....also a DCT

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have/had both and I found the Strom to be one of the most comfortable rides I have owned... it fit me well in both the seat support and the wind issue (non-issue), but it lacked the cornering feelings associated with the FJR (duh!) I really liked the upright horse-like body position. The FJR has a more integrated feeling where you are more "notched" into the saddle area and that give it a lower CG in reality and in feeling. The windscreen is more than capable of finding the sweetspot (I'm 6'0") because it is infinitely adjustable. Side winds on the FJR are less intrusive to a forward motion because of the lower and heavier stance, but the Strom was actually more nimble (imho) with side winds, so I felt at ease.
Hope that helped...

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I am waiting for a 2014 or '15 Valkyrie to show up for sale locally. I missed one in Mesa for $8,100.

Reactions: Hillbillyrider68

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I have seen a few up for sale in Southern Ontario but usually they are $12- $14K
Dealers were letting them go for $9,999 just to clear their show rooms but all are gone now.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts