GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always been a bit uncomfortable with the lack of the rear turn signal's visible impact on the Goldwing. To me, they put the brightest in the front which is just bassackwards from where it is needed the most. Any users of these :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpOlz1epTbA

Attachments

Reactions: sleeperhawk

·
Registered
374 Posts
Quite the difference! Plus, cruiseman's videos spell out the procedure very nicely.
A compelling reason to do this to MY bike...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Flasher module exchange?

To do the rear only is it necessary to change the flasher module? Did you do rear only or all? I just ordered the red bulb kit for all bit the turn signals-I probably should do turn signals, too

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
To do the rear only is it necessary to change the flasher module? Did you do rear only or all? I just ordered the red bulb kit for all bit the turn signals-I probably should do turn signals, too
Any LED turn signals require the load EQ replace the OEM flasher.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I would do them but pretty pricey. I know more visibility is a good thing but money counts. If money did not count then everyone would have an air bag model.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Why are you replacing the clear running/brake bulbs with red ones? And on the earlier wings that have the amber turn signal lens why use the orange bulb?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yes I Am

Did the front signal kit a month ago and really like it. I then added the HID low beams and love the combo effect of the bright white visability. Definitely planning on adding the REAR LED'S soon based on the success of the front kit. Plus, I have already got the flasher relay replaced and that was the toughest part.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I take it from reading the responses that the glow is worth the dough. That's good enough for me. Looks like about a $75 expenditure to do the rear turn signals. I've spent more than that on chrome plastic.:thumbup:

·
Registered
803 Posts
Why are you replacing the clear running/brake bulbs with red ones? And on the earlier wings that have the amber turn signal lens why use the orange bulb?
Yes. Why not use clear bulbs if the lenses are colored red or amber?

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
I've always been a bit uncomfortable with the lack of the rear turn signal's visible impact on the Goldwing. To me, they put the brightest in the front which is just bassackwards from where it is needed the most. Any users of these :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpOlz1epTbA
A friend of mine did to mod and spend like 80 bucks on dual bulbs plus for right set up and was very unhappy with it. The bulb was white to amber to when flashing band the white/clear was not seen to on coming drivers and to me will confused the on coming driver.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Yes. Why not use clear bulbs if the lenses are colored red or amber?
With LEDs you need to use the same color as the lens. The white LEDs wouldn't be seen through the amber or red lens.

Now of the lens was clear, then it wouldn't matter.

·
Registered
698 Posts
With LEDs you need to use the same color as the lens. The white LEDs wouldn't be seen through the amber or red lens.

Now of the lens was clear, then it wouldn't matter.

Very Interesting...I did not know that nor do I understand why...guess I'll have to play around with some LED's sometime...Thank You...

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
IF I installed the yellow LEDs on the bike(08) would it interfere with the Bushtec(05) tail lights? I use a hitch rack box with LEDs and the OEM flasher works fine although the 4-ways don't work at all.?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A friend of mine did to mod and spend like 80 bucks on dual bulbs plus for right set up and was very unhappy with it. The bulb was white to amber to when flashing band the white/clear was not seen to on coming drivers and to me will confused the on coming driver.
I'm just sticking with the rear. I have clear lenses on the rear turn signals wtih stock amber bulbs. The stock front turn signals on these Wings are more than adequate.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Installed them in my wing last night. Used the through the front method from Cruseman's video.

IMG_2522[1].jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts