GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I keep looking for that oil burning smell several people talk about, and that I have.
So I decided to put the bike on the center stand and see what I could find.
No oil leaks, but I did find some spare parts...
Of course that is because the dealer added my accessories and had the bike all apart.
I am sure they would say it came like this from the factory.
Can you see the push pin way down sitting on a ledge in the hole?:frown2:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
That pin was probably lost during the install as much as some dealers are incompetent that can happen to anyone dropping a small plastic pin like that. To the smell if you have no leak maybe a breather hose is off check the hose on the left bank has a plug with a clamp,the hose that gets drained from air filter box..

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did check that one and it does have a plug and a clamp. I could not see the rest of the hose as it goes up into the bike to see if the other end was connected correctly. There was a small amount of seepage in the hose as expected. Not enough to drain.
I believe to check the other end of the hose, I may have to remove the top shelter.:frown2:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
When I was working on my bike a few years ago I found a penny sitting the top of the engine

·
Registered
663 Posts
After having mine at the dealer i found a 3/8' ratchet, 3" extension and 12 mil socket under the seat. I returned them to the dealer and no one would admit it was theirs. This dosent bother me as the bike was put together right and I now had some exter tools. ha ha

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Yeah there sitting on top the motor. Pull your seat, top shelter and gas tank and I bet we can find all sorts of stuff. I know I have a least 1 socket down there.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have found a pair of needle nose pliers, several sockets and a screwdriver.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I’ve lived long enough now an hopefully have learned not to be my own worse enemy. I stuff rags anywhere and everywhere. It has saved me lots of time & worry.

·
Vendor
17,807 Posts
After having mine at the dealer i found a 3/8' ratchet, 3" extension and 12 mil socket under the seat. I returned them to the dealer and no one would admit it was theirs. This dosent bother me as the bike was put together right and I now had some exter tools. ha ha
If those are Snap-On, they are mine. Them 3 are worth nearly $150.00.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts