GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone from this forum is thinking of going to Americade. I've never been, but hear good things about the Lake George area. Looks like a room can get expensive if I'm not careful :rolleyes: Bob

·
Registered
276 Posts
Been to Americade. Big, loud, expensive, crowded, and once is enough.

However, Cats-Cade the week before is "small, relatively quiet, not expensive, and BullDog will treat you nice.:thumbup:

Take a look at http://www.catscade.org/

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
I'll have to agree that once is enough. Glad I went to see it with my own eyes but wouldn't care to do it again.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Yes, the Lake George area is beautiful to ride... but you don't need to go to Americade, or be there when the big crowds are there, to do that. Anytime during the summer and early autumn months is a great time to ride up there.

However... if you've been wanting to test-ride a new bike of nearly any make or model, then Americade is one of the very few event in the country where you can do that for free.

Additionally, if you want to explore a vendor area with lots of accesorries for touring bikes (and others, of course)... then, again, this is a good opportunity to do so.

Bottom line... if you've got an entire week to spend going along on group rides, then you'll probalby like it. Some people love stuff like this... but most of us prefer to explore the backroads in smaller groups at our own pace.

C

·
0 Posts
If you want a room in town...
forget it...
The Hotels give preference to those that had rooms last year..
2 - I have NOT found a hotel that does NOT have a 5 day minimum
3 - It can be NOISY in town
4 - expensive.
Go the week before, we did in 2006, and had a great time, slower pace, wonderful!!!!

·
Registered
637 Posts
I'm fortunate enough that I can do an out-and-back. It's about a 500 mile day and I get my fill of what I wanted to do. It's a great ride. I usually go up on Friday, do my thing and get out before the weekend warriors arrive. I've gone for the whole weekend but stayed in Indian Lake.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Americade

Hi Bob,

There are several of or harding riding folks going to this rally from Dayton...if you want more info I can introduce you to our ride leader, who's name is also Bob, at our next GWRRA event:

4th Thur, 6:30 eat, 7:30 meeting
Champps Restaurant

Just ask for Moe!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MoeMan,

I just saw your post :oops:. Missed the Thursday thing, but maybe we'll meet up at the lake. I'll be up that way all week :lol:. Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts