GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering if those with a J&S jack have ever heard back from J&S on an adapter for the 18/19 Goldwing. I have emailed them and nothing but crickets. Anyone with better luck?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I called them three times, sent them pictures of my wood shims I'm using to pick up the bike and NOTHING!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought an adapter for the 2018 gold wing they have them in stock. It's not like picking up my 2017 Harley Street Glide you have to really find the exact spot to lift and hold onto the bike until the bike is upright off the side stand I found it unstable before that point. They need to do a close up video lifting the bike

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bubba, do you have a part no?

I bought an adapter for the 2018 gold wing they have them in stock. It's not like picking up my 2017 Harley Street Glide you have to really find the exact spot to lift and hold onto the bike until the bike is upright off the side stand I found it unstable before that point. They need to do a close up video lifting the bike
I don't see anything on their website for a 2018 adapter. Do you happen to have a Part No.?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts

I thought that was for the previous generation, it was on their website before the 2018 model appeared.

·
Registered
9 Posts
One more thing even all the way up on the Jack it is not stable enough to get on like a Harley the span of the support of the bike sitting on the Jack is close which means you can shake the bike from side to side that being said this IMHO is the best motorcycle Jack made. I feel safe with the motorcycle up on the Jack when everything is locked down including wheels I don't feel comfortable rolling it around on the Jack like I do my Harley

·
Registered
2,950 Posts

·
Vendor
22,070 Posts
I would really like to see someone make a jack with the support arms spaced further apart so that the front of the engine can be properly supported. Every jack I've seen has the forward arm too far back on the engine when the rear arm is under the centerstand. This leaves the entire front of the bike unsupported, and that is where most of the weight on the bike is.

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
I would really like to see someone make a jack with the support arms spaced further apart so that the front of the engine can be properly supported. Every jack I've seen has the forward arm too far back on the engine when the rear arm is under the centerstand. This leaves the entire front of the bike unsupported, and that is where most of the weight on the bike is.
I think that would be a good idea. However, my J&S Jack works very well. I had my bike up on it while removing and replacing the back wheel. The bike was solid on it and even when I was pushing up on the back to get the tire in there was no problems at all. I'll be doing that again in the next couple of weeks and I'll probably use tie downs this time just to be sure.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I agree Fred that the center of gravity is towards the front although I do not have any concerns putting my Gold Wing on my J&S jack. I have climbed up and sat on the seat, stood in front and pushed down on the front end and it seems very stable. With that being said I support the front end when removing the rear wheel. I do strap the bike down just for peace of mind. Everyone has their own comfort zone.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
makes no sense putting the adapter on the left side in that pic. The exhaust headers need protection from the right side of the jack.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Not mine from Face Book Post (From Jeff Tjernagel)

Jeff Tjernagel
Jeff Tjernagel Brent Wahl Here are some pictures and The adapter is to the left in the first picture with the two pads.

Attachments

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Finally some pics and fairly detailed at that. I too am surprised. Are these pics showing that the adapter goes on the REAR leg of the lift??

1 - 20 of 25 Posts