GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son called me today and asked if I would like a brand new 2006 Gold Wing with zero miles on it at a rock bottom price. He is a salesman for a wrecking yeard and was going through the computer listings of yards all over and happened upon a listing for some new Gold Wings from Ohio that the dealers shop had a fire and they had to salvage their inventory. Seems like they are only smoke damaged, but can't be sold as new and come with a salvage title.

Anyone know what dealership this occured at?

I don't read or post here too often anymore and this may have already been posted. If so, sorry about repeating old news.

·
Registered
9,112 Posts
I sent a PM to Max McAllister at Traxxion. Thought he might be interested in using this to create that "drag" bike!

Bartman

·
Registered
826 Posts
Yeah, If the price is right and if they still start. Not into melted wiring. I've got lots of spare tupperware.
Your sons company will probably have to buy it for you though. My son in law is a commercial insurance adjuster and found some nice Katrina bikes in Florida when he was working down there. The insurer would only sell to me if I had a state salvage license. Checked with DMV and to get a salvage license, you must post a bond and also have a dealers license to resale. It was way more money and hassle than I wanted to go through.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
"If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is"

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
If it is the fire I am thinking about it is from Competition Acc in Springfiled OH. Had a big fire couple of months ago. I know they had a sale to get rid of all there accessories that were still sellable last month.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I think they are talking about Knox Auto Parts on hwy 62 between Oak Ridge,TN and Knoxville.They have a lot of bikes from a dealership in Ohio.I have not seen the bikes but heard about them on the radio.The wing is white,with comfort and GPS.They were asking 16,500 which is to high considering the problem with resale down the road.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I linked to that goldwing through /www.erepairables.com. Thats a cool web site to pass the time. I think your corect about Springfield Ohio, but I think $16,500 sounds a little high for a salvage title. When you go to sell it you can explain all you want what made it a salvage bike, but it's still a salvage title.

·
Registered
812 Posts
nuts

$16,500 is not a whole lot less than I paid for my '06 NAV model in January!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts