GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are 6 couples riding into Ellsworth in late July. We need lodging for three nights (July 27th, 28th, & 29th) and I am having a tough time finding a suitable place to stay.......for a decent price.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a decent place to stay that wont require me to bring my first born?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, thats why I posted it in this forum.............sorry, I guess I should not have assumed anything.............my bad:oops:

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Opps, didn't see the Maine at the top. My sister lives in Bar Harbor. Has the internet cafe on cottage street. Why Ellsworth, the only thing there is a Walmart the way I recall?

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Understand that Maine has a very, very short summer (it snowed yesterday). That is one reason why lodging is so freaking expensive, especially near the coast. Last week of July and first week of August is peak season. You might want to try further inland. Ellsworth is sorta the gateway to Acadia National Park. Very, very busy and horrible traffic that time of year. Good luck

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Understood that its the peak season.............kind of why we chose that time of year. We chose Ellsworth as more of a "base" (planning on staying in the area for three days, and doing day trips) than for any other reason, thats why I was hoping someone could turn me on to an area that I could find cheaper lodging.

But, if it is as you say, then I guess we will have to bite the bullet and pay the price..........

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! We can use the dough :thumbup:

BTW, your table lift is freaking sweet!!!!!!!!!
Yea,, I am kind of proud of it.........but I certainly appreciate the accolades.

·
Registered
47 Posts
eEllsworth,Me

Understood that its the peak season.............kind of why we chose that time of year. We chose Ellsworth as more of a "base" (planning on staying in the area for three days, and doing day trips) than for any other reason, thats why I was hoping someone could turn me on to an area that I could find cheaper lodging.

But, if it is as you say, then I guess we will have to bite the bullet and pay the price..........

Probably have to agree with LD Rider & yourself on biting the bullet on costs if you want to stay in that area at that time frame. All is top dollar tourist prices but worth it. As stated Ellsworth is gateway to Bar Harbor,Acadia Natl. Park w/Cadillac Mt. This is a "don't miss area". One option is Bucksport, about 20/25 m. West on Rt.1 where there are slew of motels but you will still have to transit Ellsworth to get above places, and contrary to Too Talls observation, Ellsworth has grown up.
Which way you planing on entering & departing Maine. Could meet up with you guys for quick additional breifing etc. if you desire. Also look at www.ridemaine.net for more info. E-mail me if anything else needed.
v/r Easy Ed

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Probably have to agree with LD Rider & yourself on biting the bullet on costs if you want to stay in that area at that time frame. All is top dollar tourist prices but worth it. As stated Ellsworth is gateway to Bar Harbor,Acadia Natl. Park w/Cadillac Mt. This is a "don't miss area". One option is Bucksport, about 20/25 m. West on Rt.1 where there are slew of motels but you will still have to transit Ellsworth to get above places, and contrary to Too Talls observation, Ellsworth has grown up.
Which way you planing on entering & departing Maine. Could meet up with you guys for quick additional breifing etc. if you desire. Also look at www.ridemaine.net for more info. E-mail me if anything else needed.
v/r Easy Ed

I actually ended up getting a good price on 6 rooms at the Colony Inn in Brewer......its a little farther away than we had planned on staying. But, after riding 1500 miles to get there, whats a few more to get to the coast? LOL

Anyway, we will be in the area the 27-29th of July and when it gets closer, I will PM you to see if you are going to be around for a meet & greet.
Sonny

·
Registered
47 Posts
v/r Easy Ed

I actually ended up getting a good price on 6 rooms at the Colony Inn in Brewer......its a little farther away than we had planned on staying. But, after riding 1500 miles to get there, whats a few more to get to the coast? LOL

Anyway, we will be in the area the 27-29th of July and when it gets closer, I will PM you to see if you are going to be around for a meet & greet.
Sonny

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sonny, Brewer not a bad choice to be based out of. Agree, whats a few more miles and not a bad ride down to Ellesworth. One question, how are you coming into state? Knowing will help me decide how to meet up with you guys. Anything else, feel free to let me know. v/r Easy Ed

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sonny, Brewer not a bad choice to be based out of. Agree, whats a few more miles and not a bad ride down to Ellesworth. One question, how are you coming into state? Knowing will help me decide how to meet up with you guys. Anything else, feel free to let me know. v/r Easy Ed
We will be spending the night in Gorham New Hampshire and then riding into Brewer on highway 2.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts