GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CTD=Cubital Tunnel Syndrome

After a week long ride last year, I developed pain in my right elbow, that took months to go away, even after several doctor visits. The Dr injected cortison into my elbow, which reduced the pain dramatically, but wore off in a week or so.
Now after a couple days of commuting a hour each way to work it starts to flare up again.

I am looking forward to a 2 week vacation on my bike to and from WingDing 2007, but dread the thought of the pain coming back.

Anyone have this, have any suggestions (other than using cruise control more).

Bob - WD6L

·
Registered
311 Posts
Keeping hands and arms relaxed are something I have to remind myself on almost every ride. I find I tense my hands then my arms and need to constantly remind myself to keep mind alert and body relaxed. I tend not too use cruise much at all except long trips. After multi day trips the body really tells me if I haven't been paying attention to this.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
wd6l said:
Anyone have this, have any suggestions (other than using cruise control more).Bob - WD6L
larger grips and one of those paddles to rest the heel of your hand ... provides more leverage for the throttle.

Dennis

·
Registered
142 Posts
I suffered through that in my right hand when I reached puberty; I learned to live with it even when I had to start wearing glasses.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Funny you ask. I get a sore elbow frequently for about the first 30 minutes I ride. This has not happened on any other motorycle I've owned - including the ones I've had at the same time as I've had the Wing.

Fortunately, it goes away even while I'm riding, and does not bother me later.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
:(

I was there with ya, then my tendonitis also erupted big time in the right elbow from Navy related issues, then I laid my old HD down when the elbow locked up and I have recovered from the Doc's do all kinds of stuff in there plus now half of the entire elbow are in/out has no feelin'. :wink:
That's a good thing but I do not reccomend this procedure for curin' most elbow issues. :wink:

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Uncle Dan said:
I suffered through that in my right hand when I reached puberty; I learned to live with it even when I had to start wearing glasses.
That's funny.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Yes, I have it bad. It wakes me up every night because of it. My right elbow just screams at me in pain. My left is not as bad. I never had this problem before I bought the GoldWing. It hurtsl ike something else. I have tried different things, but cant find a solution. Another thing that bothers mine is the computer. Like right now, I am sitting in my LazyBoy, with my Laptop on my lap. The position of my arms aches after a few minutes.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I had this very bad in both elbows a few years ago. I was talking to a friend and he said he used to have the same problem. He started doing light curls with his weights and it went away.

Then I tried it and mine went away, pain free in my elbows for 2 years now.

But please dont do anything unless you consult with your doctor first, you dont want to injure yourself anymore doing the wrong thing.

N Ga Rider

1 - 9 of 9 Posts