GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone was heading up to Americade. I've never been and would like to go. My work schedule isn't ideal but I have Monday and Tuesday (June 4th and 5th) off I would only have to be back on Wednesday sometime before late evening.

If anyone is heading up on Monday and wouldn't mind some company let me know.

~ Pete

·
Registered
441 Posts
We are heading to Portland ME and then over to Amercade Tuesday or Wednesday .... Have fun !

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Bring, ok wear, your rainsuits... I ride in anything normally but when the entire week shows rain I tend to take the cage. Been to these since '83 when it was the ASPENCADE. Only missed a few and only have taken the cage one other time. This will be time 2. Too bad the first few weeks of June usually bring rain.

·
Registered
568 Posts
A friend and I will be leaving Thursday night and staying 'til Sunday. At this hour the weather looks promising but who knows, rain gear will be packed regardless. Getting a CB while I'm out there and goodness knows whatever else I can't afford!:eek:4:

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
you will have fun- I promise

Ronnie

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Been going to the Cade for 15yrs, it's quiet on mon & tues, Expo opens on tues, unless they changed the date again??
check the site " Tourexpo.com
Bring rain gear, ya never know??? some warm clothes also..

·
Registered
163 Posts
This section is a little quiet, but any Mass weekend rides pop up, if you don't mind an F6B tagging along, let me know. I'm down near Providence, but I'll go anywhere on a day trip.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Just saying...from Mass to NY...wouldn't that be a "ride down" not "up"?!?....:wink2:

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
This section is a little quiet, but any Mass weekend rides pop up, if you don't mind an F6B tagging along, let me know. I'm down near Providence, but I'll go anywhere on a day trip.
I was shocked to see a current post here this evening!

The GWRRA Chapter A group should be starting up their Sunday rides soon. They usually start in North Reading a short distance from Rte 95. I haven't rode with them in years. I can send you their ride schedule as soon as it is posted. I believe the district GWRRA leader has a F6B.

Check out the NewEnglandRiders forum too http://www.newenglandriders.org/NER_Events_2017.htm
All brands and models are welcome there. They have many upcoming rides scheduled for New England and beyond.

Reactions: SEMassrider

·
Registered
163 Posts
I was shocked to see a current post here this evening!

The GWRRA Chapter A group should be starting up their Sunday rides soon. They usually start in North Reading a short distance from Rte 95. I haven't rode with them in years. I can send you their ride schedule as soon as it is posted. I believe the district GWRRA leader has a F6B.

Check out the NewEnglandRiders forum too http://www.newenglandriders.org/NER_Events_2017.htm
All brands and models are welcome there. They have many upcoming rides scheduled for New England and beyond.
Thank you for the link. There's some rides there I might make. I wasn't aware of this group.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I'm going. Leaving from Toronto on Saturday and spending two days riding the finger lakes on our way down. Will arrive on Monday afternoon and are leaving on Sunday.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I stand corrected! should have looked at a map instead of assuming!:smile2:

Well you were correct if you assumed that it was held near NY City. There is very much more to NY than just the area around that septic tank.>:)

Allen

Reactions: tourit

·
Registered
579 Posts
Well you were correct if you assumed that it was held near NY City. There is very much more to NY than just the area around that septic tank.>:)

Allen
My last trip to Americade was back in 1996 with a brand new 96SE. So long ago! Will be making a trip to Vermont in August for a wedding, up near Burlington. Recommendation for a good State Park?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
My last trip to Americade was back in 1996 with a brand new 96SE. So long ago! Will be making a trip to Vermont in August for a wedding, up near Burlington. Recommendation for a good State Park?

There are quite a few of them up around Lake Champlain and even more inland away from the lake. I can't recommend any individual park, but keep in mind during the summer it gets busy with all the tourists and the parks do take reservations. Button Bay is a park I've heard of but never stayed at and it is near Burlington.

Allen

http://www.vtstateparks.com/#browseParksDropdown

1 - 18 of 18 Posts